Print-Out of Ward List

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
brantleyassoc

Print-Out of Ward List

Post by brantleyassoc »

Why do we make the phone numbers so much smaller and then make it in a light gray print?: Need microscope to read it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Print-Out of Ward List

Post by jdlessley »

Can you be more specific? From where are you printing the ward list (Directory, LCR, or MLS) and what settings are you using when the list is printed?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lmcguire

Re: Print-Out of Ward List

Post by lmcguire »

JD,

Log on to lds.org, click your name and choose Directory. in the upper right corner, click the "Print" button. Select desired options (you'll need to choose phone numbers to test this). And make your PDF. Some things are black, others are gray. I don't think the phone number is actually a smaller font (than the first names), but the names are bold and the phone numbers aren't.

brantleyassoc: In that dialog I describe above, right under where you select which "Details" to include, there's a drop-down field called "Font Size". And below that is "Layout" where you can choose how many columns to have. I chose "Biggest" and that uses Helvetica 10** for the phone number. It uses Helv. 7 for "Normal" (so I'm guessing big is 8 and bigger is 9).

**I know the development team don't normally see this, but in case one of them does: _Dudes_, _really_? 10 point isn't even "big" let along "bigger" or "biggest"! There are people over the age of 45 out here using these tools... :) Is "smallest" even readable?! (Satisfying curiosity... 4point!!!! Holy cow, guys!)

MS Word treats 11 as normal, and I'd say they're right. With that in mind this would be a more reasonable range: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”