Do YW sisters age 18 who attend YW count for line 17 in the quarterly report ("YSA attending . . . RS meetings")

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
fletch74

Do YW sisters age 18 who attend YW count for line 17 in the quarterly report ("YSA attending . . . RS meetings")

Post by fletch74 »

As I expect is likely the case in many wards, we have three YW who are age 18 who attend YW, instead of RS (they're still seniors in high school).

I'm unclear from the description language of quarterly report line 17 whether to include them for "Young single adults attending priesthood or Relief Society meetings." I think the answer is "yes," although a technical reading would probably indicate "no," unless they have a calling in the Laurels . . . because they didn't attend RS.

Thanks.

(Happy New Year.)
eblood66

Re: Do YW sisters age 18 who attend YW count for line 17 in the quarterly report ("YSA attending . . . RS meetings")

Post by eblood66 »

I don't know of any definite statement but I would count them as "yes".
fletch74

Re: Do YW sisters age 18 who attend YW count for line 17 in the quarterly report ("YSA attending . . . RS meetings")

Post by fletch74 »

Also, the 3 YW who are age 18 are excluded from the list of potential "Young women attending Sunday Young Women meetings," so it would make even more sense to me to include them in the line 17 YSA total for RS. However, we might consider updating the descriptive language to include something about 18-year-old women being counted if they attend YW, instead of RS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure about LCR, but I know when quarterly reports were in MLS, you could see a list of names that were the "base" for each group. That should help you determine how LCR is viewing this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fletch74

Post by fletch74 »

Thanks, Russell. In LCR, we are given the ability to see the list of "potentials," I believe for each line item. The 3 YW in question are listed in this group of potentials. However, the line item title is YSA who attended priesthood or RS. Also, the description fails to include provision for YW who are 18 who attend YW.

Maybe this is me being a reformed attorney geek, and I think the instructions/description could be clearer for this niche case.

I agree with you and eblood, though: I think the intent is for them to count as YSA attending RS (line 17 of the quarterly report).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

fletch74 wrote:Also, the 3 YW who are age 18 are excluded from the list of potential "Young women attending Sunday Young Women meetings,"
Are these 3 assigned to the YW organization or the RS organization? If they are assigned to the YW I would expect them to show up as potentials for that item.
fletch74

Post by fletch74 »

Ahhh. "And at last I see the light!" (Cue the Rapunzel music.) They're assigned to RS, which assignment I believe is automatic.

It probably makes a lot more sense to pull them back into YW, until they actually start attending RS. Are there any hurdles or issues for me to consider, before I assign them to YW?

Thanks, eblood!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

fletch74 wrote:Are there any hurdles or issues for me to consider, before I assign them to YW?
If they are attending YW still then they should be assigned to the YW organization. You just need to remember to move them back to RS when they graduate and start attending RS.
fletch74

Post by fletch74 »

Weird. I assigned them to YW and they show up there, when I click on their individual records>assigned class or I go to the YW organization. However, in the quarterly report, they're missing from the list of potential YW, and they're included in the list of potential YSA.

Do I need to wait some time for this change to replicate to the quarterly report, or is the quarterly report a snapshot, and once the last day of the reporting month closes the snapshot is taken and that's what we get, without an ability to modify it?

Return to “Reports and Forms”