Deleting Duplicate Location Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ASpaugh

Deleting Duplicate Location Calendars

Post by ASpaugh »

We recently had Ward boundary changes and a new Stake was formed. Someone went in and created duplicate locations and messed everything up. I need to know how to (as the Stake website administrator/building scheduler) delete those duplicate locations. I can't find any way to do it. It doesn't seem to be an option.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleting Duplicate Location Calendars

Post by russellhltn »

Locations that have been created by a calendar admin can be deleted. Locations that come from the FM database cannot.

Perhaps you're attempting to delete the wrong "copy".

More details in Setting Up Locations, Designating Units and Building Schedulers, last section: "Removing a Location"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

I can see where I can remove the original locations I created, so it must be duplicate calendars created from the FM database. Unfortunately the new calendars created were completely wrong with misspellings and not the right Wards/Stakes assigned to those locations. If I delete my original location calendars, then I'll lose the entire schedule as well, so I can't do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'll need to get FM to clean up the spelling and assignment. And you'll need to transfer the events to that location.

You can assign other units to that location, so the FM version should be workable until it gets fixed up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

How can I get FM to make the appropriate changes? Who do I contact?

They also made it so that two of our building schedulers don't have access and I can't give it to them as they aren't in our Stake anymore, but these buildings are shared by two Stakes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ASpaugh wrote:How can I get FM to make the appropriate changes? Who do I contact?
Talk to your Facilities Management Group. They're the folks that take care of your stake. Either the stake president or the Facilities Rep would know who they are.
ASpaugh wrote:They also made it so that two of our building schedulers don't have access and I can't give it to them as they aren't in our Stake anymore, but these buildings are shared by two Stakes.
The Building Scheduler is set by the Agent stake for the building. I'm not sure as a out-of-unit position can be created for them and have it work.

But the building scheduler calling isn't what it used to be. Under the new system, they just set up the restrictions and resolve issues - each unit needs to schedule their own activities.

ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

In our Stake each building has a scheduler and they handle all scheduling except that which is done by the leaders here and there. A lot of people don't want to schedule the buildings so they rely on the schedulers to do it for them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ASpaugh wrote:In our Stake each building has a scheduler and they handle all scheduling except that which is done by the leaders here and there. A lot of people don't want to schedule the buildings so they rely on the schedulers to do it for them.
That system no longer works at all well in the new system. Odds are the wards are not scheduling things in the calendar at all - making it hard for people who can't attend every Sunday to know what's going on.

I individual leaders don't want to do it that way, that's fine. But certainly each ward can find someone to do it for the ward.

ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

Our Stake/Wards are slow to adapt. I've been doing this for 8 years and they don't want to change. There are some Wards in our Stake that don't use the website at all.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ASpaugh wrote:Our Stake/Wards are slow to adapt. I've been doing this for 8 years and they don't want to change. There are some Wards in our Stake that don't use the website at all.
You are not alone. [smile]

Return to “Calendar”