Finding dates of Aaronic priesthood ordinations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
geek

Finding dates of Aaronic priesthood ordinations

Post by geek »

A high priest in our ward is trying to find the exact dates of some Aaronic Priesthood ordination dates. (He says that when he was baptized, adult males were ordained deacons, then teachers, and priests. There is some family question over the dates for a family history.

Of course, his records only show MP dates for Elder and High Priest. Is there a number he can contact at CHQ to ask about the other dates? Or can I request this through Special Requests in MLS?
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geek wrote:A high priest in our ward is trying to find the exact dates of some Aaronic Priesthood ordination dates. (He says that when he was baptized, adult males were ordained deacons, then teachers, and priests. There is some family question over the dates for a family history.

Of course, his records only show MP dates for Elder and High Priest. Is there a number he can contact at CHQ to ask about the other dates? Or can I request this through Special Requests in MLS?
I'm pretty sure that the AP ordination dates are not on the membership record because those dates are not stored at CHQ. If that's true, you're out of luck.

But I would recommend that you call Clerk Support to make sure.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

AP ordination dates are not sent to the MLS database once a MP ordination is recorded. I remember seeing a pop-up window in MLS that advised that AP ordination dates are "hidden," which implies that they might still be available in the master database that MLS pulls from. A call to clerk support should be able to cinfirm or deny this.
Bradfordrw

Re: Finding dates of Aaronic priesthood ordinations

Post by Bradfordrw »

This is an old post, but I'm wondering if there is a definitive answer. I'm working on my grandpa's life story, and we are missing a date of when he was ordained a teacher. Is that information available anywhere?

Return to “Membership Help”