Viewing ALL donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
haydenwsnyder

Viewing ALL donations

Post by haydenwsnyder »

When viewing my donations on lds.org/donations, I can only view as far back as I've lived in my current ward (and exactly what I was able to view in tithing settlement- 6 months total). In order to make itemized deductions on my taxes this year, I'd like to have a record of all my tithing, or at least since Jan. 2015. How can I get that record?
eblood66

Re: Viewing ALL donations

Post by eblood66 »

haydenwsnyder wrote:When viewing my donations on lds.org/donations, I can only view as far back as I've lived in my current ward (and exactly what I was able to view in tithing settlement- 6 months total). In order to make itemized deductions on my taxes this year, I'd like to have a record of all my tithing, or at least since Jan. 2015. How can I get that record?
If your donations are correctly linked to your membership record then they will all show up online even if you changed wards. So most likely your previous ward did not correctly link your donations to your membership record. They either need to modify your donor record in their computer to link to your membership number or they will need to just send you a copy of your donations. Either way you'll need to contact your previous ward to get the information you need.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The best of those two options is to have them (your old ward) link your donor record to your membership record number, if possible.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Either way you'll need to contact your previous ward to get the information you need.
Best answer.

If the ward has been discontinued, then you'll have to ask the stake that the ward belonged to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Online, change to the donor statements, the official tax document isn't yet available for 2015, but you can generate a year to date donor statement.
Last edited by johnshaw on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:Online, change to the donor statements, the official tax document isn't yet available for 2016, but you can generate a year to date donor statement.
I think you meant for 2015 - which will be filed in 2016.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Fixed above.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
gregorylynnsines

Post by gregorylynnsines »

This is the first time to get computer year end summaries. My member number is xxxxxxx
My wife's number is xxxxxxx
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove MRN
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

gregorylynnsines wrote:This is the first time to get computer year end summaries. My member number is xxxxxxx
My wife's number is xxxxxxx
You should be able to generate your tax statement on your own via Online Donations. The finance clerk of your current ward should also have provided you with a copy.
willharjack

Post by willharjack »

eblood66 wrote:
haydenwsnyder wrote:When viewing my donations on lds.org/donations, I can only view as far back as I've lived in my current ward (and exactly what I was able to view in tithing settlement- 6 months total). In order to make itemized deductions on my taxes this year, I'd like to have a record of all my tithing, or at least since Jan. 2015. How can I get that record?
If your donations are correctly linked to your membership record then they will all show up online even if you changed wards. So most likely your previous ward did not correctly link your donations to your membership record. They either need to modify your donor record in their computer to link to your membership number or they will need to just send you a copy of your donations. Either way you'll need to contact your previous ward to get the information you need.

Return to “Online Donations”