Print List of Families

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
kylejhunt

Print List of Families

Post by kylejhunt »

Is it possible to print a list of families from LCR? I need to export a family list so we can make some other reports/assignments, but I'm only able to print an entire member list (individuals). If it's not possible in LCR is it possible in MLS? (Sorry, not at the church so can't look). Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Print List of Families

Post by aebrown »

kylejhunt wrote:Is it possible to print a list of families from LCR? I need to export a family list so we can make some other reports/assignments, but I'm only able to print an entire member list (individuals). If it's not possible in LCR is it possible in MLS? (Sorry, not at the church so can't look). Thanks!
In LCR, depending on your permissions, you can go to the Unit Statistics area (under Reports) and then click on Households. It will just show the heads of households, which may not be exactly what you hope for when you ask for a "family list."

In MLS, you can print various household lists; for example, the Abbreviated Directory will list all the households with both head of household and spouse named.
kylejhunt

Post by kylejhunt »

Sounds like MLS is the winner. Thanks for the quick response.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The next LCR release (currently in beta) has some improvements for viewing and printing households.
knorseth

Post by knorseth »

So I needed a household list with addresses, and the LCR did not have it. I went to LDS.org and was able to export it to .CSV there. Is there a plan on making reports available in LDS.ORG available on the LCR?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

knorseth wrote:So I needed a household list with addresses, and the LCR did not have it. I went to LDS.org and was able to export it to .CSV there. Is there a plan on making reports available in LDS.ORG available on the LCR?
There's a checkmark above the Member List in Leader and Clerk Resources to show addresses. With the next release of Leader and Clerk Resources (currently in beta), it will be possible to switch to household view on the Member List, and with addresses checked, that may be what you're looking for.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
knorseth

Post by knorseth »

Unfortunately the member list in the LCR will not work. The member list shows everyone, children and all on a seperate line. I just want one line per household, the head of house (and spouse) and their address in this case. LDS.ORG did the job, I was able to export this to a .CSV file in LDS.ORG

LCR does not have an export to .CSV option on anything as I can see. Yes I know I can do some things to export a web page to an EXCEL file, but it is not straightforward and is problematic. The ability to export a report to excel to do further slicing and dicing of the data is an important option to me.

Custom reporting I would think would be an important part of the LCR testing. Expose the ability to users like it was available in the MLS and it would help out.
CurtisJarvis

Post by CurtisJarvis »

+1
garyknelson

Post by garyknelson »

They had restored the ability to export to a . CSV file in the recent beta version were I was able to use it in March 2016, but they took it back out in the final release due to privacy issues. I understand the concerns but there ought to be a way the key holders can export the list
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro (or access to it) you can print what you need to .PDF from the LCR and then inside Acrobat (under tools) you can Export your .PDF to any number of formats including Word, .XLS, .XML, PowerPoint and more. Once in .XLS format it's just another quick step to save it as a .CSV.

As an additional help, every other row in my export had an additional space at the front. This can be cleaned by using the =TRIM(cell) function in the next column (referencing the cell to the left), then copy the results and paste values (Shift-F10, V) to a third column. Then you can delete the first two columns and then perform a "text to columns" (under the data tab) using the comma as the delimiter to make separate lastname, firstname columns (and so forth if you exported address, email etc.)

Return to “Reports and Forms”