stake directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
schilkeced

stake directory

Post by schilkeced »

Our stake has stopped printing out stake directories with each ward membership included. I have not found out how to print out a copy of the stake membership by ward with all of the individual ward information that we used to have in our stake directory. How do I do this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: stake directory

Post by aebrown »

schilkeced wrote:Our stake has stopped printing out stake directories with each ward membership included. I have not found out how to print out a copy of the stake membership by ward with all of the individual ward information that we used to have in our stake directory. How do I do this?
In the Directory on LDS.org, select each of the wards using the ward dropdown, and for each ward, click the Print button, choose your options, click Open PDF, and then print. I don't know what information you used to have in your stake directory, but that will give you a directory for each ward (note that depending on your calling, you probably can't see the children in other wards).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:(note that depending on your calling, you probably can't see the children in other wards).
Nor would you see individuals or families that have set their privacy to "ward" or "leadership only".

Note that for most uses, LDS Tools and the lds.org directory have replaced the need for a printed stake directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I believe the stake clerk can probably export a combined stake list via a custom report in MIS, so you can sort everyone alphabetically without regard to ward. When we used to have a printed stake directory, it was like this. However, I believe doing a directory like that doesn't respect the privacy choices of individuals, so proceed with caution. I believe at one time our stake published a PDF of the stake directory for people who preferred it and they could print it on their own. I don't believe we've done that lately, though.
beckg001

Post by beckg001 »

I don't know where else to ask this, but is there some way to view our Stake members by organization? Ours is the YSA Branch, and we would like to be able to keep tabs on the YSA members throughout our Stake. Is this something that we need to go to our Stake Clerk for, or can we access it directly?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

beckg001 wrote:Ours is the YSA Branch, and we would like to be able to keep tabs on the YSA members throughout our Stake. Is this something that we need to go to our Stake Clerk for, or can we access it directly?
I do not believe you can do it as a branch, but the stake has this information readily available without the need for custom reports in MLS. I am sure the stake would be willing to provide it to a YSA branch on a regular basis.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Stake leaders can see a list under Reports > Unit Statistics > Young Single Adults in the LDS Tools app. I'm not sure, but maybe ward/branch leaders can do the same? Or are you only able to see unit statistics for your own unit?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:Or are you only able to see unit statistics for your own unit?
This is the case.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”