Custom Calling available in LCR?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bjcollard

Custom Calling available in LCR?

Post by bjcollard »

My ward has just called a Singe Adult Representative to represent our ward with the stake single adult organization. LCR only shows a Young Single Adult calling category and does not show Single Adult. How do we create a custom calling in LCR for a Single Adult Representative? We don't see a way to enter this calling any other way - MLS had a custom calling function and was no problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Custom Calling available in LCR?

Post by russellhltn »

Reading Handbook 2: 16.1.2, it appears the calling may be a stake-level calling. Perhaps the stake needs to enter it. (YSA has ward representatives, but SA only has "several single adults" as part of the stake SA committee.)

I can't answer the question about creating custom callings. I'd think that should be possible.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bjcollard

Post by bjcollard »

Thanks for the advice... I will see if the stake should do it, but my stake direction has been for the wards to call representatives. Regardless, I want to know how to do custom callings in LCR. We have a handicapped individual who is an assistant to the Sunday School President and entered that calling in MLS with no problem before the LCR switch. If we had to create another custom calling, I don't see that it is possible with LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bjcollard wrote:I want to know how to do custom callings in LCR.
Custom callings can be created in any of the organizations listed in LCR > Organizations. If an organization does not exist for your needs then use "Other Callings" > "Other Callings". There will be a plus sign labeled "Add Another Calling" at the bottom of the list of other custom callings if any exist. Select that and then "Select a calling..." > Custom Callings > New Custom Calling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bjcollard

Post by bjcollard »

I will have the clerk see if he has access to this plus sign for the Other Callings category. It doesn't appear that I have access to see it as Bishopric 1st Counselor, but I do see the plus sign for other callings within the Other Callings category like Technology, Magazines, etc. after you click on those categories. I just don't see a plus sign to add a calling category under Other Callings for Single Adult Representative. I think that is also what my clerk is trying to tell me too, is that they don't see a plus sign for Other Callings and we are stumped.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bjcollard wrote:I will have the clerk see if he has access to this plus sign for the Other Callings category.
You should be able to add a custom calling. Make sure you go to Organizations and select "Other Callings" from the list of organizations. There will be another "Other Callings" at the bottom of the "Other Callings" organization. Click that to expand that second "Other Callings" organization. You will see the "Add Another Calling" link at the bottom and to the far right. Click that link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jdlessley wrote:
bjcollard wrote:I will have the clerk see if he has access to this plus sign for the Other Callings category.
You should be able to add a custom calling. Make sure you go to Organizations and select "Other Callings" from the list of organizations. There will be another "Other Callings" at the bottom of the "Other Callings" organization. Click that to expand that second "Other Callings" organization. You will see the "Add Another Calling" link at the bottom and to the far right. Click that link.
The stake can create callings within the stake Single Adult organization. As a stake user, go to Organizations > Other Callings - Single Adult.
bjcollard

Post by bjcollard »

I think I am getting warmer... But not quite there. I log in to LDS.org, go to Leader & Clerk Resources, click on Organizations in the gray header, and then I see a list of organizations starting with Bishopric down to Other Callings. I click on Other Callings and see 8 choices: YSA, Magazines, Employment, Facilities, Family History, History, Music, Technology. There is not another "Other Callings" category under Other Callings. I can select one of these 8 choices and add a custom calling (thanks for that explanation), but then my Single Adult Rep will be under one of these 8 categories - none of which apply to Single Adults. I can't make a 9th category for Single Adults and a new calling for Single Adult Rep under the category Single Adults. I would have to put her under YSA (closest category to Single Adult) with a calling title as Single Adult Rep as a second choice. This has been helpful - thanks. But I still can't accomplish what I am trying to do. My clerk tried everything too and couldn't figure out how to get a Single Adult category and calling.
bjcollard

Post by bjcollard »

I tried both IE 11 and Chrome - just to see if it made a difference in seeing a pick for Other Callings under the Other Callings category, which it didn't.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

It looks like there may be a data issue.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”