what's the criteria for 'Adult Members Not Endowed' report?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

what's the criteria for 'Adult Members Not Endowed' report?

Post by sasgrw »

Clerk Resources > Temple > Not Endowed

What's the criteria for showing up on this list? For sisters, it looks like they have to be at least 18 years old.

For brothers, I can't tell. We have a 20 year old brother on the list who is a Priest. We have a lot of active priests in the PQ that are 18 but they're *not* on the list. We have a 19 year old elder on the list.

So for males, if they're under 20 and don't have the Melchizedek priesthood, they're not on the list? If they're 20 or older and are at least a Priest, they're on the list?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: what's the criteria for 'Adult Members Not Endowed' report?

Post by sbradshaw »

Based on what you're seeing, it sounds like any brother 19 or older who is a priest or elder appears on the list.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Hmm, so are you just agreeing with what I'm seeing or do you actually know the criteria that satisfy the report?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just guessing here: but a requirement for men to receive the endowment is to hold the Melchizedek Priesthood. I suspect the criteria for men for this report is that they either be a Prospective Elder or hold the Melchizedek Priesthood.

From Handbook 2: 7.6: "A prospective elder is a male Church member age 19 or older who does not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood. Married brethren who are younger than 19 and do not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood are also prospective elders." - So men are not automatically Perspective Elders when they turn 18.

So based on my theory: all Melchizedek Priesthood and all 19 year old men would be on the list. Alternatively, it would be all males attending a Melchizedek Priesthood quorum. Either way, that does seem to match your observation.

I'd be curious if any 18 year old YW were on that list - or does it wait for them to be moved to the RS? There's no requirement that I know of, but it doesn't make much sense to me to list YW, even if they are adults.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:From Handbook 2: 7.6: "A prospective elder is a male Church member age 19 or older who does not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood. Married brethren who are younger than 19 and do not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood are also prospective elders."

I'd be curious if any 18 year old YW were on that list -
Try this hypothesis. Add "and member for 1 year and not endowed" to each one of them.

Male: Age 19 or older
Male: Age < 19 and married
Male: Age 18 and holds Melchizedek Priesthood

Female: Age 18 and assigned to Relief Society
Female: Age 19 or older
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Try this hypothesis. Add "and member for 1 year and not endowed" to each one of them.
Nit-pick: One year from date of confirmation.
lajackson wrote: Male: Age 19 or older
Male: Age < 19 and married
Male: Age 18 and holds Melchizedek Priesthood
Sorry, the IT in me needs to simplify:

Male: Age 19 or older
Male: Married
Male: Holds Melchizedek Priesthood
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:Try this hypothesis. Add "and member for 1 year and not endowed" to each one of them.
Nit-pick: One year from date of confirmation.
Of course. That would be the criteria to search in the database to find a member of 1 year. I was not thinking ITishly at all.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”