HDMI / audio output

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
aclawson

HDMI / audio output

Post by aclawson »

Now that meetinghouses are receiving projectors with HDMI input an issue arises with all of the audio being sent across the HDMI link rather than through the 3.5mm audio jack. Is there an "official" configuration to use to get the audio out through the 3.5mm or are we on our own? The best solution that I know of is to use the Windows mixer, but I don't know if that will work with Windows 10, and it is a bit of kludge solution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: HDMI / audio output

Post by russellhltn »

If you're talking about the Epson 955, there's an audio out jack on the projector. Volume is under the control of the projector so you can adjust it with the projector remote.

Our newest chapel has a RCA input with volume control (super touchy - full volume at 7 o'clock setting), so I don't think I'd even need a crab box.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rsidwell

Post by rsidwell »

Our stake's projector (an Epson, but I forget the model) doesn't have an audio out jack, so I purchased an HDMI audio extractor box. I haven't seen an official church recommendation for a particular brand, but they are easy to find.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

If your projector has an audio out just use that, if it does not then split the audio out of the laptop HDMI port. Then use the laptop headset port to put the audio into the chapel system. If your chapel has a media port like Russell's then plug strait in, if not the use the crab box and a mic port.

On the windows laptop, the audio settings are in the control panel. On your own with apple products.
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rsidwell wrote:Our stake's projector (an Epson, but I forget the model) doesn't have an audio out jack,
I'm curious what model has a HDMI in but no audio out.

Here's a link to the back panel of the 955: link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jamiep39

Post by jamiep39 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm curious what model has a HDMI in but no audio out.
We have several Sony projectors (I can't remember the model) that came with the building when it was built a few years ago and they have HDMI in but no audio out. We've found that it's not too much of a problem because usually when those projectors are used (stake conference, etc.) there is usually someone with knowledge on how to use them on hand to help the presenter switch audio outputs to use the headphone jack rather than HDMI out. We use either a crab box or hook into the input on the side of the pulpit from there.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”