Tijuana Temple Open House Photo Kiosk Links Broken

Discussions about other Church websites
mevans

Tijuana Temple Open House Photo Kiosk Links Broken

Post by mevans »

We visited the Tijuana Mexico Temple Open House. While there we waited in line at the photo kiosk for our picture with the Tijuana Temple in the background. Then I gave the sister missionary my email address so she could email the photo. I got the photo email and when I click on the link, I get a 404 not found error. The link is to a JPEG file on Amazon web services.

I assume if I'm getting a 404 error that it's occurring for other people, too. Someone should review what's happening. I don't know how to report this as the email came from a "no reply" email address. Any ideas? I could try leaving Feedback, but that sometimes takes weeks for someone to review. The open house only lasts one more week.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Tijuana Temple Open House Photo Kiosk Links Broken

Post by sbradshaw »

Sometimes it's a problem with your email program only recognizing part of the URL and providing an incomplete link. Did you try copy-pasting the link into a web browser, or did you click the link?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:Sometimes it's a problem with your email program only recognizing part of the URL and providing an incomplete link. Did you try copy-pasting the link into a web browser, or did you click the link?
I've tried both without success. Here's most of the link, with the personal information that would specifically identify the photo replaced by ****:

http://0003-ave.s3-website-us-east-1.am ... G_****.jpg
michaelbuhrley

Post by michaelbuhrley »

We had the same experience across all of the photos our group had taken - 4 photos, 4 different email addresses and tried in multiple email programs. but all resulted in a 404 error. This is larger than just a single photo. I wonder if any of the many photos worked.

How do we find the team that does the photo kiosk back end?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can use the feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org; perhaps on the events page:
https://www.lds.org/church/events?lang=eng
The feedback people may be able to direct it to someone who oversees temple open houses.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

:) Someone at the church finally fixed this problem! I got two emails yesterday with photos attached. And the emails were in Spanish this time, which I imagine many visitors to the open house will appreciate.

Return to “Other Websites”