Can't remove restriction

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kotarokun

Can't remove restriction

Post by kotarokun »

Some time ago our stake executive secretary placed a recurring restriction on both buildings in our stake, for every day in 2016, so that the stake could schedule events first before giving the wards access to schedule the buildings.

Now we are unable to delete the restriction. The "Delete this event only" option is grayed out when I right-click on the Restriction, and when I view details, there is no option to delete or modify the restriction.

Can a restriction only be modified by the person who created it? The exec sec has since been released, so he no longer has calendar access (but if he's the only one who can delete it, I could assign him as a calendar administrator temporarily).

I've tried four browsers running on three operating systems, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
David Luke
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't remove restriction

Post by russellhltn »

Anyone who is set up in the calendar system as a Building Scheduler (not the calling in LCR - set up in the Calendar for that location) should be able to change/delete them.

I don't think that right follows the calling, so the new Executive Secretary would have to be set up the calendar as the new Building Scheduler. Note that simply having Admin rights isn't sufficient. But an admin can add themselves as a Building Scheduler.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

kotarokun wrote:Some time ago our stake executive secretary placed a recurring restriction on both buildings in our stake, for every day in 2016, so that the stake could schedule events first before giving the wards access to schedule the buildings.
It should be shouted from the rooftops that this was a really, really bad idea and nobody else should try it. Seriously, how often is there a problem when someone else has scheduled an event before someone else and it can't just be corrected? Pre-emptively blocking out the WHOLE YEAR is overkill, to say the least, and especially aggravating to responsible folks who might want to put things on the calendar before the stake is all set to do their scheduling (...like me, for example. It's not at all difficult to work with me if there's a conflict).
kotarokun

Post by kotarokun »

Anyone who is set up in the calendar system as a Building Scheduler (not the calling in LCR - set up in the Calendar for that location) should be able to change/delete them.

I don't think that right follows the calling, so the new Executive Secretary would have to be set up the calendar as the new Building Scheduler. Note that simply having Admin rights isn't sufficient. But an admin can add themselves as a Building Scheduler.
Thanks, that was the key. I'm an administrator, but wasn't set up as a Building Scheduler in the calendar itself. Now I am, and I was able to delete the restriction, and now Life Is Good.

Thank you very much for the help!
David Luke

Return to “Calendar”