Printing calender with AM and PM events.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
hansenblake

Printing calender with AM and PM events.

Post by hansenblake »

I was asked today about printed monthly calendars. The Stake Presidency and High Council in my stake asked why events scheduled in the AM show up with only the time and PM events show the time followed by a lower case p. They were concerned at first that they had put things in the calendar incorrectly. I checked and there entries are fine. I could only give them my assumptions about the reasoning. I guessed that the (a) was omitted intentionally by the PDF generator to save space or prevent confusion with (p) when looking at the monthly calendar. Any thoughts, or explanations I could share with them? I know 24 hour format is an option for the calendar but I don't think that is a great option for most of our stake.
kellymab

Re: Printing calender with AM and PM events.

Post by kellymab »

I think you are right that the "a" is omitted to prevent confusion. One thing I do is when I print the calendar as a PDF, then open the PDF in word to quickly edit the calendar for distribution. I can easily add AM and PM where needed and delete irrelevant items from the final calendar (ie CoRB are not needed in my singles ward).

Return to “Calendar”