Indexing program with small font

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
KeatonH

Indexing program with small font

Post by KeatonH »

The indexing program we downloaded yesterday, has incredible small in app fonts and window sizes... it wont let us zoom in or read the project instructions as its just too small.... the window size is small too.... we unistalled it and installed it again but it has the same issue... the other windows on the comp are the same so control panel was ineffective and had no effect on the program anyway.... does anyone have the same problem and have found a solution??
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Indexing program with small font

Post by aebrown »

KeatonH wrote:The indexing program we downloaded yesterday, has incredible small in app fonts and window sizes... it wont let us zoom in or read the project instructions as its just too small.... the window size is small too.... we unistalled it and installed it again but it has the same issue... the other windows on the comp are the same so control panel was ineffective and had no effect on the program anyway.... does anyone have the same problem and have found a solution??
What you describe is not generally a problem, so it must have something to do with your environment. Could you provide some details about your system, such as:
  • What kind of device are you using?
  • Operating system version?
buttley

Post by buttley »

i have the exact same prob and don't know how to fix it. im windows 10 pc with recommended resolution at 3840x2160. I've tried changing res and it doesn't fix the prob. i really want to index but I can't read microscopic text. :/

please help,
Aubrey
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

buttley wrote:recommended resolution at 3840x2160.
On how big a monitor? That's pretty high resolution.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
buttley

Post by buttley »

Only on a 14in screen. i have an Intel CORE i7. it's pretty suped up with the res.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At home I run something like 1600 x 900 on a 17" screen, at work, 1920 x 1200 on a 24". I'd suggest cutting the resolution to 1/3 and see if that helps. The program may not be able to resize the font to something that high-res.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, it sounds like Indexing isn't set up to deal with high-resolution screens.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lynndian

Post by lynndian »

I have the same problem in Windows 10. I have tried everything on my computer to change the font size but it does not affect family indexing. I love to index. Please help! Lynn
cdiep

Post by cdiep »

Is there no workaround or solution to using FamilySearch Indexing in Windows 10 high resolution?
chrispulver

Post by chrispulver »

I found something that helps a little bit, if you go into your desktop display settings in windows 10 and change the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to be the highest setting (300%) it makes familysearch indexing not quite so small. This seems to be enough for me.

I am currently using a surface pro 4 with intel corei5 that has a screen resolution of 2734 x 1824.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”