Access in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
eolsen040

Access in LCR

Post by eolsen040 »

We just discovered that our newly called Primary President has access in LCR to make releases and calls in LCR. While I was watching she released herself in the system and then re-called herself. Should she have access to do this? Is this something that I need to alter, and if so how?
eblood66

Re: Access in LCR

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, she should have that access but obviously she shouldn't make any changes that haven't been called by the bishopric and sustained in sacrament meeting. And it would generally be inappropriate to make changes to other organizations outside the primary (I'm not entirely sure whether that is possible or not).

I'd also recommend that any presidency get some training from the clerk before trying to make changes themselves.

The ability to make changes can be especially useful at the beginning of the year if teachers are being assigned to new classes. The presidency can make those changes and print the rolls in preparation for the new year without having to involve a clerk.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Access in LCR

Post by lajackson »

The Primary president can only make changes to the Primary. The Sunday School president can only make changes to the Sunday School.

But yes, for some of the reasons outlined by eblook66, an auxiliary leader is allowed to make these changes.

Take seriously the training recommendation. A very pertinent ward council training item would be a reminder from the bishopric that changes should not be made at LCR until the sustaining or releasing have actually taken place in sacrament meeting.

In our ward, the clerk enters the calling for a Sunday School or Primary teacher the day they are sustained, and that evening the organization president assigns the member to the class he or she actually will be teaching.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”