MLS Report issue

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
justinpinkham

MLS Report issue

Post by justinpinkham »

Only the household IOS report has a member of the family listed that shouldn't be there. (not a member of the family)
There is not a Member listed in MLS or LDS.org
No other reports or information can be found in MLS regarding this individual.
This is the second year this individual has shown up on the report.
Does anyone know how to remove it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Report issue

Post by aebrown »

justinpinkham wrote:Only the household IOS report has a member of the family listed that shouldn't be there. (not a member of the family)
Are you saying that there is an entire IOS for this unknown person? That seems highly unlikely, since you can only print an IOS for a member of the ward.

Or are you saying that this person shows up in the Children section of the IOS for one of your members? If so, you can fix it in MLS by going to the Individual Record (under Membership > View and Update) for the member. Then go to the Children tab, and click the Remove link to the right of the stranger.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

justinpinkham wrote:Only the household IOS report has a member of the family listed that shouldn't be there. (not a member of the family)
There is not a Member listed in MLS or LDS.org
Keep in mind the IOS will show "geological information" - information over and above who is currently living in the household. As such, it will show people who no longer live with the family, or even who are no longer living. Are you saying this person is completely unrelated to the family?

Also, I don't think the IOS displays information beyond what's in MLS. MLS may not have an individual record for this person, but I'd expect that they would still be found if you went to the individual's records (the same individual as the IOS was printed for), and explore the proper tab.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Keep in mind the IOS will show "geological information" -
I think you may have meant "genealogical information".

Geological information would only show up if you lived in the Rock Creek Ward, or the Cedar Pass Stake, or the Mountain Heights Ward, or some place similar. [grin]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Also, I don't think the IOS displays information beyond what's in MLS. MLS may not have an individual record for this person, but I'd expect that they would still be found if you went to the individual's records (the same individual as the IOS was printed for), and explore the proper tab.
No, the IOS does show all the children, even if they are not members of the ward, just like the individual record (except that the record will include MRNs for the children if applicable, but the IOS does not).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Also, I don't think the IOS displays information beyond what's in MLS. MLS may not have an individual record for this person, but I'd expect that they would still be found if you went to the individual's records (the same individual as the IOS was printed for), and explore the proper tab.
No, the IOS does show all the children, even if they are not members of the ward, just like the individual record (except that the record will include MRNs for the children if applicable, but the IOS does not).
I think you're making my point. If it's on the IOS, it's visible in MLS somewhere - you just have to get to the right place. The OP seemed to be claiming otherwise.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Geological information would only show up if you lived in the Rock Creek Ward, or the Cedar Pass Stake, or the Mountain Heights Ward, or some place similar. [grin]
At least "geological" is better then some of the other autocorrects I've had to fix....

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:If it's on the IOS, it's visible in MLS somewhere - you just have to get to the right place. The OP seemed to be claiming otherwise.
The OP only said that he couldn't find it. That's why I pointed him to the Children tab on the View/Update Individual Record, which is the right place to find and update the genealogical information that appears on the IOS.
rick.winterton

Post by rick.winterton »

You can't update genealogical information for individuals that appear on the IOS unless you have their membership records. Contact unit support if you wish to update genealogical information for someone whose membership record you do not have.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Rick.Winterton wrote:You can't update genealogical information for individuals that appear on the IOS unless you have their membership records. Contact unit support if you wish to update genealogical information for someone whose membership record you do not have.
You may not be able to update the details about the person (such as the name), but assuming you have the records of the person whose IOS you're looking at, you certainly can control the linking to others.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”