"Unfortunately Gospel Library Has Stopped"

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
derickhorrocks

"Unfortunately Gospel Library Has Stopped"

Post by derickhorrocks »

Have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A for my wife, Installed gospel library and everything works. I sign her in and sync her 17,000+ highlights and everything else and then I start to get this error. "Unfortunately Gospel Library Has Stopped". Does anyone have any thoughts on this.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: "Unfortunately Gospel Library Has Stopped"

Post by lajackson »

I just restart it. If you continually get the error, I would send a bug report, but for me, this has usually been a one-time crash that fixes itself.
derickhorrocks

Post by derickhorrocks »

I have restarted it multiple times and reset the tablet even trying to get it to work. Still nothing. I have cleared the cache. Cleared all the data. Nothing works.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Send email to the Gospel Library Team at this email address:
android-support@ldsmail.net
If you can get to the Menu > Help link in GL to do it, go that way. If not, just send an email directly to the address.

When you go through the GL link, your device collects all sorts of status information that will help the team troubleshoot the problem, but in your situation, you probably can't get there from here. Send your device type, OS version, GL version if you can.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

For the record, I see this occasionally on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 4.4.2). It happens sporadically with no identifiable pattern (probably once every couple of months or so). It is a bit of an annoyance, but I live with it. Since I cannot pinpoint a cause or event, I haven't reported it.
derickhorrocks

Post by derickhorrocks »

This happens every minute or two and sometime within 30 seconds using gospel library. And it only happens once I sign her in and sync her annotations. If it is a fresh install and no syncs. It works fine.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I wonder if it is having trouble processing that many highlights/annotations, etc. I don't know how the program is written, but it might settle down after enough crashes. That's no way to run a railroad, but if you mention in your email to the Team what you reported here, that would give them a starting place to look.
derickhorrocks

Post by derickhorrocks »

I have emailed support multiple times this week and have not received any response. Has anyone else had this issue and have any other possible solutions?
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

They tend to get backlogged, so please give them time. They do seem to get to every email, but it takes more time than with a commercial support center.

Does the app run fine if no one is logged in (thus no annotations)? What if someone with fewer highlights is logged in? How much RAM (not storage space) does the device have? Have you tried it on a device with more RAM, to see if that's the issue?

FWIW,

Liz
bfieeiki

Post by bfieeiki »

I JUST GOT ME THIS NEW HD KINDLE FIRE AND IT HAS THE ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM. I JUST INSTALLED THE GOSPEL LIBRARY AND DOWN LOADED MOST EVERYTHING. NOW I AM RUNNING INTO THIS PROBLEM "'''''''HAS STOPPED' ANYONE HAS THE ANSWER? I AM UNABLE TO SEE IT. I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE GL AND IT'S STILL THE SAME.. THANKS..

Return to “Android Gospel Library”