Access contact information of Bishops, RS Presidents & Priesthood Leaders within a Building in the stakes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gkwoolf

Access contact information of Bishops, RS Presidents & Priesthood Leaders within a Building in the stakes

Post by gkwoolf »

I have been called as a Welfare Service Missionary - working at the Deseret Industries. In our wanting to get in touch with those in a particular building, alerting them to the DI Drives, it has come to my attention that a more efficient way of doing this, than searching each individual ward could be solved by the programming department doing the following:

Adding a feature that would offer the following:

Contact information for Building X within Stake X. (Bringing up the buildings within a stake). Then have a selection button that would allow the DI Manager (or those you deem task applicable) the option of indicating which officers in the the unit said contact information is needed.

E. G.
( ) Bishop
( ) Relief Society President
( ) High Priest Group Leader
( ) Elders Quorum President

We can get this information now, but it is a rather intense and extensive labor that could probably be accomplished by some programming change. Working with the DI suggested to my mind that other DI locations might be able to use this feature as well. Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Access contact information of Bishops, RS Presidents & Priesthood Leaders within a Building in the stakes

Post by lajackson »

gkwoolf wrote:I have been called as a Welfare Service Missionary - working at the Deseret Industries. In our wanting to get in touch with those in a particular building, alerting them to the DI Drives, it has come to my attention that a more efficient way of doing this, than searching each individual ward could be solved by the programming department doing the following:
Programmers work for the Priesthood Department and provide features under their direction. They rarely read this Forum and they cannot take direction from it if they did.

If you wish to have your suggestion considered, the best way to present it to those who make programming decisions is through a Feedback link at LDS.org.

Here at the Forum we can help each other through the online maze, and discuss ideas that have merit (as yours does), but these discussion do not translate into programming changes.
eblood66

Re: Access contact information of Bishops, RS Presidents & Priesthood Leaders within a Building in the stakes

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:If you wish to have your suggestion considered, the best way to present it to those who make programming decisions is through a Feedback link at LDS.org.
Since you are a service missionary another alternative might be to discuss it with your mission leaders to see if the welfare department wants to request and/or sponsor such a change. The request may have more weight coming from an internal department.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”