Meeting Time Changes in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JamesRowley

Meeting Time Changes in MLS

Post by JamesRowley »

I just wanted verify the procedure to change meeting times in MLS

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Meeting Time Changes in MLS

Post by russellhltn »

Not sure what you are looking for. It's under System Options > Unit. The labels have been changed, so it's clear what the date field is used for.

I'd change the value at the end of the last Sunday of the year. In this case, Dec 29th.

As always, make sure you do a Send/Receive to make it effective.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:I'd change the value at the end of the last Sunday of the year.
Unless you're in a primarily-student YSA ward that changes meeting times between major semesters. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I thought that you were now directed to LCR, from MLS, to change meeting times.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I thought that you were now directed to LCR, from MLS, to change meeting times.
I know that's the plan, but I don't think it's happened yet. I guess the question is, will they get it out in time for the end of the year?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

As Biggles said, the procedure in MLS is to click on the link to MLS to be redirected to LCR. To do it directly from LCR, go to Other > Unit Settings.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:I thought that you were now directed to LCR, from MLS, to change meeting times.
I know that's the plan, but I don't think it's happened yet. I guess the question is, will they get it out in time for the end of the year?
It became available with the last LCR upgrade, and MLS dropped the function and provided a link at the MLS update that followed shortly afterward.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

I have a ward clerk who says when he went to LCR \ Other \ Unit Settings, the meeting time field is greyed out. I verified in CDOL that he is correctly listed as the ward clerk. The Access Table does not have an entry for Unit Settings, so can't tell who should have access, though surely the ward clerk would.
Any insights anyone can offer. By the way, as the stake clerk, I cannot verify what is/is not appearing for the units.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jeromer7 wrote:I have a ward clerk who says when he went to LCR \ Other \ Unit Settings, the meeting time field is greyed out. I verified in CDOL that he is correctly listed as the ward clerk. The Access Table does not have an entry for Unit Settings, so can't tell who should have access, though surely the ward clerk would.
I watched my ward clerk make the change last week so I can verify that ward clerks have that right.

Did your clerk actually try to change the time? If I recall correctly, the boxes did look grey but my clerk was still able to make the change.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Not sure if he tried or just looked. I'll make that suggestion to him, thanks. BTW, I also emailed other clerks whose meeting times showed they had been updated and got one reply so far. He says he used LCR with no problems, so based on that and your experience, I agree it is not an access issue.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”