Calendar won't save "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" as calendar viewer/editor

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nathangg

Calendar won't save "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" as calendar viewer/editor

Post by nathangg »

Hi,

When "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" was removed as a standard calling, the calendar settings page where it lists viewers/editors changed to show "Unknown Position". See here (external URL to screencast) .

Now that "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" is a standard calling again, I was expecting to see the "Unknown Position" revert back to what it was before... but it hasn't.

So, I tried to add a position... I click the button, find "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" and set the permission to "View and Edit", click the add button, and I see a new row in the "Viewers/Editors" box.

But when I click save, wait a few minutes, and go back into the same configuration page, the permission I just added for "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" is gone.

I tried to report this using the "feedback" link at the bottom of the page, but I wasn't sure if other people are having the same problem.

Thank you~!
drepouille

Re: Calendar won't save "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" as calendar viewer/editor

Post by drepouille »

Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
nathangg

Re: Calendar won't save "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" as calendar viewer/editor

Post by nathangg »

Thank you... however, the explanation re: that stake assistant executive secretary won't have standard privileges (no issue there) doesn't seem to apply in this case because I'm explicitly trying to add them to use the calendar as an editor.

Is my logic wrong on this one? (I don't think it is because the system will let me add other callings... why would it just not save for Stake Assistant Executive Secretary?
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

PS: the workaround we are using is to just add the person by name. It would be nice to use the standard calling, though, so we don't have to update it when people are released/called.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:Thank you... however, the explanation re: that stake assistant executive secretary won't have standard privileges (no issue there) doesn't seem to apply in this case because I'm explicitly trying to add them to use the calendar as an editor.

Is my logic wrong on this one?
Good question. At this point, we don't know. It might be unintended, or it might be that the change in direction still needs to be implemented. Then again, it could be deliberate that the calling has no power at all. We haven't been told the logic behind the change in direction, so we have nothing to guess with.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Then again, it could be deliberate that the calling has no power at all.
But still, every standard calling should be an option when you specify a calendar editor by calling. It could be a calling such as Choir Director, which has no power at all in terms of access to web sites, but you should be able to specify that the Choir Director is an editor of a calendar. So it sounds to me like something else odd is going on here.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe the Calendar team is in the middle of changing how the system is set up for Stake Executive Secretaries, who were previously administrators by default. Or, maybe they started to change something and something changed again and they are waiting for further direction.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I suggest you verify that the person you're referring to actually has the calling of "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary".
If this checks out OK, then try and assign him access by his name.

Return to “Calendar”