Home Teaching confusion

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
joelrossc

Home Teaching confusion

Post by joelrossc »

I'm having difficulty with the home teaching section of the LCR. I can't get the numbers to match and several households do not show up.

The total number of households listed for December on the statistics section does not match the total number of households on our unit statistics page.

The number of unassigned households on the Statistics section does not match the detail below for the Elders and High Priests added together.

I have at least four households that don't have home teachers assigned that I'm not able to assign home teachers. They show up in the member list as Heads of Households and they show no home teachers. But when I go to the home teaching portion of LCR, they don't appear in the households list and they don't come up if I try to add them to an existing companionship.

I've been hoping that something would refresh overnight, but it has been three days now and nothing has changed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joel
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Home Teaching confusion

Post by scgallafent »

Without knowing which specific members you're referring to, it is hard to give a definitive answer. I took a quick look at a couple of things that may be affecting you.

Full-time missionaries are not available as candidates to be home taught. The business rules handed down from the priesthood department specified that they should be excluded from the list of households to be home taught. You have quite a number of young adults serving as missionaries who are head of household and will be listed as a household on your unit statistics report but not on the home teaching reports, along with one senior couple in the same situation.

We'll look at another item here that may affect this.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

scgallafent wrote:Full-time missionaries are not available as candidates to be home taught. The business rules handed down from the priesthood department specified that they should be excluded from the list of households to be home taught.
I wonder if it might not be a good idea to add an item to the statistics listing how many households are not available to be home taught to help avoid this kind of confusion. A tooltip or link to information on why households would be in that category would be even more helpful.
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

scgallafent wrote: Full-time missionaries are not available as candidates to be home taught.
You are correct in that the four households that are missing are full time missionaries. The other seven full time missionaries from our ward are currently assigned to a companionship. I couldn't figure out why some missionaries could be assigned and others couldn't.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Were those seven assigned to companionships some time ago, before the move to Leader and Clerk Resources? MLS didn't enforce that rule, but LCR does.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

Must be. I just moved all our full-time missionaries back under family head of households to be consistent.

I still have the issue of the total number of households listed on Statistics by Month not matching the Unit Statistics.

Also, the number of unassigned households on Statistics by Month does not match the detail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joelrossc wrote:I still have the issue of the total number of households listed on Statistics by Month not matching the Unit Statistics.
I'm sure it's done as a snap shot. I'm not sure if it's the first of the month or the end of the month. (I think it's the end.) Either way, changes done today won't affect last month's numbers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

I figured as much for past months but even the current month doesn't match.
joelrossc

Post by joelrossc »

I also noticed that the Statistics show 7 visits for the High Priests for December but I went through all the High Priest households and none show visited for December. I can't figure out how to get things to match.
dpistols

Post by dpistols »

joelrossc wrote:I'm having difficulty with the home teaching section of the LCR. I can't get the numbers to match and several households do not show up.

The total number of households listed for December on the statistics section does not match the total number of households on our unit statistics page.

The number of unassigned households on the Statistics section does not match the detail below for the Elders and High Priests added together.

I have at least four households that don't have home teachers assigned that I'm not able to assign home teachers. They show up in the member list as Heads of Households and they show no home teachers. But when I go to the home teaching portion of LCR, they don't appear in the households list and they don't come up if I try to add them to an existing companionship.

I've been hoping that something would refresh overnight, but it has been three days now and nothing has changed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joel
We're having the same issue, none of the numbers match up for the High Priests. It is recording visits correctly (November there were 21 visits made with 0 potentials). I'm hoping since this is new functionality these are issues that will be sorted through. I am using only the visits and then doing some math to get to the HT percentage every month.

Thanks,
David

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”