Audio pop during Christmas devotional

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
eanderson

Audio pop during Christmas devotional

Post by eanderson »

Is anyone else experiencing an audio pop and cut out during the first part of the devotional? Not sure if it is on our end or not. We have 3 brothers and sisters in the chapel watching...
kellymab

Re: Audio pop during Christmas devotional

Post by kellymab »

I'm watching from BYUtv app on roku and I do not hear popping.
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I am getting periodic audio dropouts on the satellite. It didn't start until just before President Eyring started welcoming everyone at the beginning. I haven't heard it for a few minutes now. Hopefully it's worked out.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The audio dropped out several times during the early part of the satellite broadcast. Based on your post, I guess it was the satellite feed, and not our sound system. Our chapel was full. After two or three times, I never heard another problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those audio problems were present in the online stream on LDS.org for me at home.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I heard it in the satellite rebroadcast.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:Those audio problems were present in the online stream on LDS.org for me at home.
The problem then was probably at the Conference Center with some noise cancelling or auto gain software that was working a little bit too hard and needed to be adjusted. Thankfully, it only occurred a couple of times at the beginning of the program and was quickly resolved.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I didn't recognize anything watching on Dish - BYUTV
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The pop was pretty subtle. I noticed the audio drop-out more.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shawndowler

Post by shawndowler »

I always have popping on the satellite feed at my building, so I didn't notice that. The audio dropouts were pretty distracting, though. It's always difficult to tell if it's my local sound system/satellite box or if it's an issue in the stream that everyone is experiencing.

Return to “Satellite”