Need help fixing 2 check donation from 2 different donors incorrectly posted to one donors account

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dougrobison

Need help fixing 2 check donation from 2 different donors incorrectly posted to one donors account

Post by dougrobison »

I have an issue where my financial clerk posted two different checks from two different people as part of one donation under just one of the donors. The system will not allow me to create a brand new donation to separate the checks into two different donors as the original donation was treated as a single donation from just one individual.

Any guidance on how to:

Update a single donation record that contained two different checks from two different people?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Need help fixing 2 check donation from 2 different donors incorrectly posted to one donors account

Post by aebrown »

dougrobison wrote:Any guidance on how to:

Update a single donation record that contained two different checks from two different people?
As you are editing the donation, use the "New Slip" button to create a different slip for the different donor. Then you can adjust the amounts and categories as needed. As long as the total amount for both slips matches the donation total, you will be able to save the adjustment.
dougrobison

Re: Need help fixing 2 check donation from 2 different donors incorrectly posted to one donors account

Post by dougrobison »

Based on what I can see in the system, New Slip and/or new donation buttons are not available. We have contacted SLC and sending them is the only way to get this corrected. Thanks for your reply.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”