Budget Issue, Missing Money?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jamhall

Budget Issue, Missing Money?

Post by jamhall »

Last June, while I was out of town, the assistant financial clerk wrote five checks to pay some utilities for some members, authorized by the Bishop. When I came back I noticed that the checks had been written from the Administration Budget rather than from Fast Offerings. I was able to change the category and get this corrected. Yesterday, I noticed that the Admin budget was lower than expected. After some investigation, I figured out that sometime between last Sunday and yesterday, the money has been taken out of the Administration budget again. When I open the expense, there is a duplicate entry, one for the Admin Budget and one for Fast Offerings. We have been double-charged for the expense.

I am thinking I must have done something wrong when I changed the category and someone at CHQ has reversed what I did but also caused another problem by making it so we are double-charged for the expenses. I am planning on calling HQ tomorrow to try and get some help on this but figured I would check here as well.
jamhall

Re: Budget Issue, Missing Money?

Post by jamhall »

The subject line is misleading. The money isn't really missing, I know where it went. I just need to figure out how to correct the mistake.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”