Missionay donations on line

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
randrus

Missionay donations on line

Post by randrus »

Why can't I just donate to my wards missionay fund. As I tried it said I had to choose a missionary and then had a drop screen with no missionary names. However, I just wanted to give to the ward not an individual and the only way that I can do that is by turrning in a paper donation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionay donations on line

Post by russellhltn »

Odd. When I look, "Ward Missionary Fund" is one of the "individuals" I can choose from. Perhaps it's because there are no missionaries serving from your ward. In which case, your ward wouldn't really have a use for the funds and would end up sending it to other areas of the church
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Odd. When I look, "Ward Missionary Fund" is one of the "individuals" I can choose from. Perhaps it's because there are no missionaries serving from your ward. In which case, your ward wouldn't really have a use for the funds and would end up sending it to other areas of the church
A couple months ago we were a new ward and our missionaries hadn't been transferred from our old ward so we didn't have any yet. But the Ward Missionary Fund entry still showed up even though we had no other entries. So I expect if that entry doesn't show it's either a bug or incompatibility with a browser.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

In our case the Missionaries names show up all right. But, there are 2-3 names that show that have returned home. Why would this be? Could it be that their accounts are either over or under, and have not been 0 out? What needs to be done?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:In our case the Missionaries names show up all right. But, there are 2-3 names that show that have returned home. Why would this be? Could it be that their accounts are either over or under, and have not been 0 out? What needs to be done?
Yes, the account has to be zeroed and it may take some time before it closes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”