Photo Status report for Stake President

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
WWS36

Photo Status report for Stake President

Post by WWS36 »

There seems to be no good way to count the number of photos a ward has??? When you goto your ward and press PHOTOS, you get what is called COUPLES or FAMILY Photos only. When the Smart Phone users look up Bro Brown, they type that in. It takes you to Bro Brown, which is SINGLE in the LDS Database. So what that means is the XYZ Ward has been diligent in putting in SINGLES only, but no Family or Couples photos.
So when I take a count for the Stake President, I press PHOTOS, and I only get the COUPLES or FAMILY Photos.
So my count for the Stake Pres is incomplete.
When I enter photos, I make sure that I load them in 2 places, if someone is SINGLE, but not all Ward Clerks are doing that.
Another problem that leads to loading Singles only is, an App on the Smart Phones which let you take, crop and load directly into LDS Tools, but it only loads singles, Correct?
So this leaves us with an counting accurately problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Photo Status report for Stake President

Post by jdlessley »

WWS36 wrote:There seems to be no good way to count the number of photos a ward has??? When you goto your ward and press PHOTOS, you get what is called COUPLES or FAMILY Photos only.
What you describe is true - in a limited perspective. A ward Directory administrator has access to all ward photos, individual and household, in one place, the "Manage Photos" function. Anyone without administrator rights would have to view each household individually to count all the photos a ward may have. It is tedious to do it this way but possible to count all the photos. There is no easy way for someone without administrator rights to see all the ward photos in one place.

If you want all the photos to be in a single location then you will need to have Directory administrator rights and use the "Manage Photos" function.
WWS36 wrote:When the Smart Phone users look up Bro Brown, they type that in. It takes you to Bro Brown, which is SINGLE in the LDS Database. So what that means is the XYZ Ward has been diligent in putting in SINGLES only, but no Family or Couples photos.
I can only speak to Android LDS Tools. That version does not display household photos because the UI is set up to display individuals. The ward directory list in LDS Tools displays names by the household. But when the household name is selected then the member names, along with their callings below the individual's name, within the household are displayed listed below the household name. To see the photo then the individual name must be selected. This interface does not display household data or photos. This could lead one to believe their is no household photo.

To see all the photos in a ward the LDS.org online Directory must be used.
WWS36 wrote:So when I take a count for the Stake President, I press PHOTOS, and I only get the COUPLES or FAMILY Photos.
So my count for the Stake Pres is incomplete.[
If the "Photos" function in Directory is all you use then you are correct. If you have administrator rights then use the "Manage Photos" function. If you do not have administrator rights then individually select each household to see all the photos for each household. There is a limitation discussed below related to privacy settings.

If you are in a stake calling then you have no good method to count all the photos for a ward other than your own because access to see the children of a household are limited to the members of that ward. Additionally the photo privacy setting plays a factor in being able to see all the photos. So the person best to count all the photos is a Directory administrator in each ward.
WWS36 wrote:When I enter photos, I make sure that I load them in 2 places, if someone is SINGLE, but not all Ward Clerks are doing that.
Another problem that leads to loading Singles only is, an App on the Smart Phones which let you take, crop and load directly into LDS Tools, but it only loads singles, Correct?
In LDS Tools for Android that is correct because only individual data can be edited, or in the case of photos, uploaded.
WWS36 wrote:So this leaves us with an counting accurately problem.
Don't use LDS Tools to count the photos. Go to the LDS.org Directory to count the photos.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

jdlessley wrote:I can only speak to Android LDS Tools. That version does not display household photos because the UI is set up to display individuals. The ward directory list in LDS Tools displays names by the household. But when the household name is selected then the member names, along with their callings below the individual's name, within the household are displayed listed below the household name. To see the photo then the individual name must be selected. This interface does not display household data or photos. This could lead one to believe their is no household photo.

To see all the photos in a ward the LDS.org online Directory must be used.
If you select the individual photo you then have the choice of individual or household photos
I also see both Individual and household phone numbers and email
I do not have a calling.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kd7mha wrote:If you select the individual photo you then have the choice of individual or household photos
I also see both Individual and household phone numbers and email
I do not have a calling.
Thank you for the added information.

Note that the visibility (privacy) setting will determine what data and photos may or may not be visible to those with only general membership rights. For example, only ward leaders with administrator rights will only be able to see data and photos with a visibility setting of "Private - leadership only".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”