Resource (action and interview list) issues

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
olson09

Resource (action and interview list) issues

Post by olson09 »

I am an assistant ward executive secretary and need access to the actions and interviews list. The bishopric is having issues that would allow me to access these resources. What do we need to do? Thanks
drepouille

Re: Resource (action and interview list) issues

Post by drepouille »

Yours is not a standard calling, so you do not have access. Similarly, the position of assistant stake executive secretary was removed from LCR this week because that position does not exist in the Handbook. Brethren in that formerly standard calling have likewise lost access to stake information.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

olson09 wrote:I am an assistant ward executive secretary and need access to the actions and interviews list. The bishopric is having issues that would allow me to access these resources. What do we need to do? Thanks
Your calling is not found in the Handbook. So there's no rights that come with that position. There's no way to assign rights.

I'd suggest your bishop re-examine the roles he's assigned people and shift some of the tasks to free up the Executive Secretary. If that's still too much, then perhaps it's time to change who has that calling. Re-reading roles outlined in Handbook 1 would be a good start.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Maybe two executive secretaries would work? Can two be put into the system, as far as LCR goes? Then the Bishop assign the duties as he will, and the two work the parts assigned in LCR?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Maybe two executive secretaries would work? Can two be put into the system, as far as LCR goes? Then the Bishop assign the duties as he will, and the two work the parts assigned in LCR?
Only one executive secretary is allowed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Maybe two executive secretaries would work?
I don't think the system allows it any more then it would allow two Bishops.

You can have all the assistant clerks you want, but only one each of Bishop, 1st Councilor, 2nd Councilor, Ward Clerk, Executive Secretary.

I suspect the desire for an assistant Executive Secretary comes from two common issues:
  • The Executive Secretary has been given too many assignments.
  • The bishop is unwilling to release a good brother who no longer has the time for his calling.
I'd suggest the answer to the first is to ponder the Handbook. As for the second, change can be painful, but sometimes it's necessary and good things can come from it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Only one executive secretary is allowed.
I just tried it and you are correct. I did see that apparently multiple Ward Assistant Clerk, Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership, and Ward Assistant Clerk--Finance are possible to have.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”