Donate to my sister as a missionary

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Shelisa

Donate to my sister as a missionary

Post by Shelisa »

Hi,
I've agreed to help support my sister while she is serving and would like to pay online. I am only able to see the missionaries from my local ward in the drop down. How can I get my sister's name in the dropdown to pay for her mission?

Thanks,
Shelisa
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Donate to my sister as a missionary

Post by lajackson »

Shelisa wrote:I've agreed to help support my sister while she is serving and would like to pay online. I am only able to see the missionaries from my local ward in the drop down. How can I get my sister's name in the dropdown to pay for her mission?
Obtain the unit number of the ward from which your sister is serving. Then in Donations under Ward Missionary Fund select Missionary in Other Ward or Branch. You will be asked to enter the unit number. You should then see a list of missionaries serving from that unit.

Your ward clerk will be able to obtain the unit number for you. There are other ways to get the number, as well.
cwebb1101

Post by cwebb1101 »

What are the other ways to find the ward unit number? I want to share my unit number with family for my missionary and would like to be able to find the number online without waiting for Sunday to ask the clerk.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

cwebb1101 wrote:What are the other ways to find the ward unit number? I want to share my unit number with family for my missionary and would like to be able to find the number online without waiting for Sunday to ask the clerk.
To find your own unit number: In donations click on settings and it will show your Stake/Ward with their unit numbers.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Another way is to login to lds.org and click Maps and Meetinghouse Locator.
https://www.lds.org/maps/
Then click View Your Ward and Stake. You will see your unit number in the address bar of your browser as "ward=#######".
You may also click "Find Places of Worship" and enter your home address. This will tell you which wards cover that address, as well as their unit numbers.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Online Donations”