Import function imported iCal file twice

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tblackhurst

Import function imported iCal file twice

Post by tblackhurst »

When importing an iCal file, I received an error message that said the system could not create an event. When I pressed "okay" on the error message, the function then added all the events again. I need to remove the duplicated events for the entire year. How can I mass delete events to avoid deleting them one by one?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Import function imported iCal file twice

Post by russellhltn »

The only "mass delete" I'm aware of is repeating events. (I'm ignoring deleting calendars - that would upset any existing subscriptions.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tblackhurst

Post by tblackhurst »

Unfortunately, the import did not load repeating events as repeating events, which I have seen is the case from reading other threads. I will keep clicking until I hear otherwise. :|
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tblackhurst wrote:I will keep clicking until I hear otherwise. :|
Keep clicking, sorry. If an event in on the calendar, and you do not wish to delete the calendar, you will have to delete each individual event or, in your case, one of each event that was duplicated.

Return to “Calendar”