HPGL can't move companionships to EQ

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zacksomeone

HPGL can't move companionships to EQ

Post by zacksomeone »

I've searched the forums and haven't found a similar topic so I'm hoping to get some help.

Our HPGL just got released (still in LCR as HPGL though) and between him and I (the EQP), we're trying to figure out how to move the HT companionships under his supervision over to the EQ now until a new HPGL is called, so I can do the reporting. I have the option under the Companionships tab to move companionships to the HP but all we see with his login is "Move to...." in the dropdown menu.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: HPGL can't move companionships to EQ

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know as that's keeping with the principles in the Handbook. I don't see anything that would permit the EQP to take over when there's no HPG. Handbook 2: 17.2.3 says they can meet together, but as long as there are both elders and HP, there are to be separate quorums. Elders can be moved to meet with the HP, but except for combined meetings, there nothing for the HP to meet with the elders (Perhaps if they were given a calling in the EQ.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zacksomeone wrote:... we're trying to figure out how to move the HT companionships under his supervision over to the EQ now until a new HPGL is called...
Technically this is possible. But it requires a lot of work. Then when the new HPGL is called there would be a lot more work to get all those companionships back into the HPG. The key would be to make each member of the HPG a member of the EQ. Doing this would involve bishop and stake president approvals (Handbook 2, 7.3).

If this is only a short term issue, which I am guessing it is, then going to all this trouble just to record HT visits for one or maybe two months may not be worth all the trouble when there is a simpler solution.
zacksomeone wrote:... so I can do the reporting.
If the concern is to record the home teaching visits for the month of November then the bishop can make assignments to get this done if necessary now. The ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, and assistant ward clerk - membership should be able to record the visits. I am certain the clerk can record the visits but I have nothing to verify the other two can.
zacksomeone wrote:I have the option under the Companionships tab to move companionships to the HP but all we see with his login is "Move to...." in the dropdown menu.
That edit function is intended to allow moving a companionship from one home teaching district to another. But I am guessing there is only one HPG HT district if all that is displayed when the "Move to ..." list box arrow is clicked is the single option of "Move to ..." and nothing else.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:The key would be to make each member of the HPG a member of the EQ. Doing this would involve bishop and stake president approvals (Handbook 2, 7.3).
Where are you seeing that's possible?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:The key would be to make each member of the HPG a member of the EQ. Doing this would involve bishop and stake president approvals (Handbook 2, 7.3).
Where are you seeing that's possible?
I hope you were not under the impression that I was referring to a mass move of a companionship along with households from the HPG to the EQ. That type of move is not possible. What I was referring to was a laborious task of recreating companionships that existed in the HPG in the EQ and then reassigning the households as previously assigned in the HPG.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”