Visiting Teaching Access Denied

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
breckl

Visiting Teaching Access Denied

Post by breckl »

Hi, I have a sister who was recently made the RS Secretary. I'm the Ward Clerk, we updated her calling in LCR but whenever she logs into LCR it just says "Access Denied." Is there something else we need to do to give her access? I thought updating her calling was the only step? This was done a few days ago, so it seems like the system should have taken by now? Thank you :)
kellymab

Re: Visiting Teaching Access Denied

Post by kellymab »

Double take to make sure that you put her in as a standard calling and not accidentally a custom calling. Custom callings cannot be put in the system to be able to use LCR.
breckl

Post by breckl »

kellymab wrote:Double take to make sure that you put her in as a standard calling and not accidentally a custom calling. Custom callings cannot be put in the system to be able to use LCR.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I double checked that it is a standard calling not custom. Her name can be seen in CDOL next to RS Secretary, LDS tools as well.

Should it matter that she isn't set apart (the checkbox)? I didn't think so, but only other component that is incomplete. Should her access be immediate or a few days to take?

Is it worth "releasing" her from the calling and adding her again?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How long after recording her calling did you wait for her access to be granted? I wouldn't worry unless 48 hours have passed. It takes some time for the systems to sync up to grant access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
breckl

Post by breckl »

russellhltn wrote:How long after recording her calling did you wait for her access to be granted? I wouldn't worry unless 48 hours have passed. It takes some time for the systems to sync up to grant access.
Ok, good to know. We'll wait another day and see.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”