Request record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ScottySteff

Request record

Post by ScottySteff »

Even with a record number, the system will not find the child of a member to transfer records into the ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Request record

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are that's not a MRN, but a placeholder. Just because the child is on the parents record doesn't mean that there is a record. You may have to create it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Brayden Baker

Post by lajackson »

deannalynnohara wrote:i am in need of getting a copy of membership record for the year 2009 for my husband and his grandchildren . . . . How do i get a copy of that?
A membership record does not show who was living with whom at any particular point in time, and would not be of value to support the reason you desire to have a copy of the record(s).

[Moderator note: Because the post this answers contains so much personal information, the original post has been removed from the public Forum. This Forum is accessible by anyone worldwide, and sensitive personal information should not be posted here.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:A membership record does not show who was living with whom at any particular point in time,
At least as far as I know, the membership record doesn't show the household grouping history. However, it would show the history of what wards the member was in. That may or may not be close enough.

I don't know if the church would help out, but you can ask your membership clerk to contact Local Unit Support and see if they can help. (I highly doubt if the needed information would be on the copy of the membership records the ward has - you'd need to contact CHQ to get the full history.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:A membership record does not show who was living with whom at any particular point in time,
At least as far as I know, the membership record doesn't show the household grouping history. However, it would show the history of what wards the member was in. That may or may not be close enough.
The request was to be able to provide proof that a certain member lived with the family of another certain member. The membership records would show only that both membership records were in the same ward at the same time. They would not prove that the members were living in the same home.

In fact, they would not even prove that the members were living in that ward. There are many membership records in wards that are different from the actual location of the member. So a membership record will not provide any proof of residency at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We know the needed information isn't in the information the ward has. I have no idea what the CHQ-level history has. I don't want to provide false encouragement, but I don't want to risk saying "no" when in fact there is something good enough for this person's situation. I don't know what level of proof is needed, either. Perhaps showing they weren't with someone else who claimed them on their taxes is sufficient.

Post by 522198 »

How do I add a seven year old child to a household who has been blessed and given a name in a previous ward, but apparently was not added to the household at the time of the blessing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe you have to do that in MLS. I'm not sure as that's in LCR yet.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

522198 wrote:How do I add a seven year old child to a household who has been blessed and given a name in a previous ward, but apparently was not added to the household at the time of the blessing?
It is possible that when the household records were moved from the previous ward that the child's record was not included in the move. This can happen when individual records instead of the entire household are selected in the record move process and the child's was mssed. If this is the case then you can request the child's record.

Another possibility is the child's naming and blessing was not recorded in MLS and therefore a record was not created. If this is the case then the child will only appear on the individual records for the husband and wife and will not appear in the household record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”