Uninstall replaced Firewall from Tech Manager

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
ccordoba24

Uninstall replaced Firewall from Tech Manager

Post by ccordoba24 »

Is it possible to uninstall a now replaced firewall in Technology Manager?

It just bugs me to see it there in TechManger

881W FTX171483EV (can I uninstall this one?? no longer physically there)
C881W FTX171483HE (currently in use and working fine)

Cheers

:geek: :)
harddrive

Re: Uninstall replaced Firewall from Tech Manager

Post by harddrive »

I had to replace a router in one of my buildings. If I remember correctly, I went in and added the new router. The system realized that I was either adding or replacing the existing router. I told the system that I was replacing and it took the old serial number out.

If both are in there, then I think you should call the global service desk and ask them to remove it.

Terry
nelsonfam
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nelsonfam »

charly3358 wrote:Is it possible to uninstall a now replaced firewall in Technology Manager?

Cheers

You can deactivate a firewall in the Tools section of TM for the specific firewall you are looking at. Down at the bottom of the page select deactivate, provide your username, and a quick description, then you're done.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

nelsonfam wrote:
charly3358 wrote:Is it possible to uninstall a now replaced firewall in Technology Manager?

Cheers

You can deactivate a firewall in the Tools section of TM for the specific firewall you are looking at. Down at the bottom of the page select deactivate, provide your username, and a quick description, then you're done.

I can´t see that Deactivate button or link on eiter firewall, the working installed one or the one that`s gone. You sure there should be a link there??, also note that the other buttons on the broken/removed firewall obviously don´t work either, ie the Restart or refresh ones. I´m attaching 2 screen caps of that tools section for the broken one.

Attachments
PicOne Firewall.png
(132.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PicTwoFirewall.png
(135.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nelsonfam wrote:You can deactivate a firewall in the Tools section of TM for the specific firewall you are looking at. Down at the bottom of the page select deactivate, provide your username, and a quick description, then you're done.
You sure that's available to us? I'm a STS and I don't see that option.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
nelsonfam wrote:You can deactivate a firewall in the Tools section of TM for the specific firewall you are looking at. Down at the bottom of the page select deactivate, provide your username, and a quick description, then you're done.
I don't see the option either. I'm also a STS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nelsonfam wrote:You can deactivate a firewall in the Tools section of TM for the specific firewall you are looking at.
The GSC will do it for you. They have the skills, and the links, too. [grin]
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Biggles wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
I don't see the option either. I'm also a STS.
We had a Webinar today about the use of TM. No mention was made about a deactivation tool.
However the version of TM used in the presentation had an additional item on the home page entitled Tools, but we weren't shown the contents. So it could be that nelsonfam more than likely has access to a version that has additional features that we on the ground don't have!
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

Probably right, its about the tools we have and don´t have (I´m an STS too and don´t see it)

I´ll try the GSC , because it bugs me to see that firewall there..
nelsonfam
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nelsonfam »

charly3358 wrote:Probably right, its about the tools we have and don´t have (I´m an STS too and don´t see it)

I´ll try the GSC , because it bugs me to see that firewall there..

Not sure why the feature is restricted to GSC personnel only so I'll ask about permissions. You can always open a ticket with the GSC and have them do it. Then if something break it's their fault :)...

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”