Correct Handbook editions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mlarsenault

Correct Handbook editions

Post by mlarsenault »

Is there a list of current handbook and leader resources? If so, where can I find it. I need to ensure we are using the most current and correct editions.

I have a closet full of old resources but can't confirm which are the most current and accurate. I don't want my organizations continuing to do things that have been eliminated or changed.

For Example:
I have 2010 Handbook 2, Administering the Church AND Church Handbook of Instructions Book 2, Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders Section 3, Relief Society from 1998. However, I can't find the 1998 edition of Church Handbook of Instructions Book 2, Priesthood and Auxiliary Leaders on the websites. I have been told it was discontinued, but they weren't sure.

I also have a complete handbook of temple clothing preparation-
Clothing the Dead (1985)
Making Temple Clothing (1979)
Are these current?

Also:

Providing the Lord's Way (1990) But the website shows the same book as 2004 so I am assuming the 1990 edition is out of date.
Church Welfare Resources for the United States and Canada (1991) but I can't find this handbook on the website.

Is there a posted list of the current handbooks we should be using and where can I find it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Correct Handbook editions

Post by russellhltn »

mlarsenault wrote:I have 2010 Handbook 2
Current - succeeds all prior years of "Handbook" and "Church Handbook of Instructions" (the old name). I wish I could find the exact instructions, but generally all prior versions are to be destroyed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mlarsenault

Post by mlarsenault »

Thank you. Do the websites show only current editions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mlarsenault wrote:Thank you. Do the websites show only current editions?
Correct. They won't show anything that's obsolete.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rplarson

Post by rplarson »

Just a caution: the 2010 versions are current in the sense that they haven't been superseded by later print copies of the handbook, but they are NOT current compared to the online edition of the handbooks. One example of that is paragraph two in Section 3.1 in Book 1. The second sentence of that paragraph has been deleted from the online version.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”