Calendar issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
farwest

Calendar issues

Post by farwest »

Calendar for one ward of two that meet in the stake center building only shows events for 1st ward and not 2nd. 2nd ward can't input events. Also first ward in stake center is seeing events on their calendar when no box is check for a ward in another building. When the stake was reorganized they moved the stake center from one building to another in different cities but it shows the stake center in the correct city. Any thoughts.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar issues

Post by russellhltn »

I can't picture what you're trying to say. When you say "calendar" are you talking about the facility calendar? Because no ward has the power to put events onto another ward's calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Their not trying to put events in another ward but they want to see what the other ward has so they don't schedule same time. One ward in that building can't schedule so nothing shows up so the other ward doesn't know when they are doing something in the building. Yet the ward that can schedule see events from another ward that is another building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only way they should see events from another ward is if they are looking at the location calendar. The can see locations other than their own, so you need to make sure they've checked off the right location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

Post by farwest »

That's the problem if they have that ward checked it doesn't show anything but it show events from a different ward in another building even though that ward is not checked in her calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:That's the problem if they have that ward checked it doesn't show anything...
That doesn't make sense. You can't check another ward -- you have no access to another ward's calendar, so there's no ward checkbox to check. But you can check the box by any of the locations. That will enable you to see events scheduled at that location, regardless of what ward (or stake) may have scheduled those events.

I suppose it's possible that a location is used by just one ward, and so that location has a name that looks like a ward name. Perhaps that's the source of the confusion. But it is really still a location -- seeing that location might show you events which other wards have scheduled, and certainly won't show you events that that ward has scheduled for other locations or no location at all. So you're not really seeing that ward's calendar when you check the box by that ward's location.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Well in our stake I don't go to the building which is the stake building I go to another building within the stake and if I check the box showing one of the wards in the stake building it will show me what they have scheduled in that building.
The concern for the building scheduler and anyone else in the wards scheduling that building they don't know if they are scheduling on top of someone.

Also why does are ward events show up on her calendar?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest reading the Calendar help files. While something may not be working right, I'm sensing a basic misunderstanding of how it's supposed to work.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:The concern for the building scheduler and anyone else in the wards scheduling that building they don't know if they are scheduling on top of someone.
If everyone is scheduling actual events that use a location, then the calendar system will make sure that any events that are scheduled are not on top of another event. You can't create and save an event that uses a location/room if another event already uses that location/room at that same time.

So there is no need for that concern if you follow correct procedures and schedule events using locations and rooms. Why do they have this concern? Do they have any experience with scheduling conflicts actually occurring?

Return to “Calendar”