who gets email notifcations :?:

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gungy

who gets email notifcations :?:

Post by gungy »

I'm a Stake Executive Secretary working on updating our Stake Calendar and getting more members to use it, to this effect we are encouraging everyone to get email notifications, but how do I filter who gets them for the different activities? Also how do I get block colours on the calendar?
eblood66

Re: who gets email notifcations :?:

Post by eblood66 »

gungy wrote:to this effect we are encouraging everyone to get email notifications, but how do I filter who gets them for the different activities?
Each person can choose which calendars they subscribe to and which calendars they want to receive notifications from. People will get notifications based on these settings. The only control you have is which calendar the event is on. If the event is on the general stake calendar then everyone who has requested notifications for that calendar should get a notification. If the event is on the stake young women calendar then those who have requested notifications for that calendar get an email. Basically, it's in the hands of the users, not the calendar editors.
gungy wrote:Also how do I get block colours on the calendar?
The block colors are used for all day events.
gungy

Post by gungy »

Brilliant , thanks for the help. Do you have any suugestiions for Newsletter?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gungy wrote:Brilliant , thanks for the help. Do you have any suugestiions for Newsletter?
I'm afraid there aren't any automatic notifications in the Newsletter so you'd have to send out manual ones. You might be able to use the Message tool on LCR to broadcast send to certain groups but I'm not sure which groups a Stake Executive Secretary has access to.

Return to “Calendar”