Search not working like iOS or Android

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kschaerr

Search not working like iOS or Android

Post by kschaerr »

I'm running version 2.15.10.290 on Windows 10.010586 (Nov. Service Pack). The Search feature isn't working as expected / hoped. For example, if I'm trying to find Pres. Erying's April 2012 Conference talk "Mountains to Climb", and I search for

eyring mountain

I don't get any hits, even though I'm looking at that talk. If I do the same on iOS, I get 14 hits in General Conference alone. If I just search for eyring, I do get hits, but it's not helpful when you can't seem to use multiple keywords.
kschaerr

Re: Search not working like iOS or Android

Post by kschaerr »

Along these same lines, when you click on a search result, you are taken to the correct page, but not to the reference you are looking for. The text is highlighted, but in a talk or long passage of scripture, it can take a bit to find what you're looking for. Again, this feature is much better on iOS / Android.
ToManyLetters

Re: Search not working like iOS or Android

Post by ToManyLetters »

Along these same lines, when you click on a search result, you are taken to the correct page, but not to the reference you are looking for. The text is highlighted, but in a talk or long passage of scripture, it can take a bit to find what you're looking for. Again, this feature is much better on iOS / Android.
This is a bug we're aware of and are working to correct. Please be patient with us.
I'm running version 2.15.10.290 on Windows 10.010586 (Nov. Service Pack). The Search feature isn't working as expected / hoped. For example, if I'm trying to find Pres. Erying's April 2012 Conference talk "Mountains to Climb", and I search for

eyring mountain

I don't get any hits, even though I'm looking at that talk. If I do the same on iOS, I get 14 hits in General Conference alone. If I just search for eyring, I do get hits, but it's not helpful when you can't seem to use multiple keywords.
Gospel Library on Windows only supports exact phrase search. Keyword search will not be introduced until the 3.x release on Windows 10.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”