Home/Visiting Teaching visibility

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jtrevorcone

Home/Visiting Teaching visibility

Post by jtrevorcone »

I am grateful that MLS is being retired and the managing of home and visiting teaching has migrated over to LDS.org under LCR. Indeed, there have been some notable improvements in the process.

One feature that I believe would significantly assist in helping to administer these assignments is if each individual member, irrespective of their calling, could view their own home/visiting teaching assignment and home/visiting teachers when they sign in to LDS.org. Also, giving them the ability to self report (as I can because of my calling) and view the last couple months of recorded visits, again, only for those they are assigned, would help.

It would also be excellent if there were a seamless way to send the same info shown on the print outs in a message/email directly from LCR. I think the faster we can move away from paper print outs cut into various size strips handed out in a meeting where only a portion of the quorum is present, and are generally out of date as soon as they are handed out, the better. Of course, there are some who will still require this method, but it is not an effective way to get water to the end of the row.

And it would be great if the entire ward council could see home/visiting teaching assignments. And a consolidated table view option of all assignments would be nice.

Anyone know whether any of these ideas are in the works, or can be put in the works anytime soon?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching visibility

Post by scgallafent »

All of these ideas have been discussed internally. They have also been discussed in the forums and are frequently received as feedback. I do not have specific details to share on whether or when certain features will be available. Some of them are reasonable and may come as enhancements over time. Self-reporting is not likely to happen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching visibility

Post by russellhltn »

It's completely up to the directives of the Priesthood Department. Both in terms of IF it will happen as well as where it falls in all the other development work that needs to be done. It's not a developer decision.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”