IEM Client will not install

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
chris.m.cook

IEM Client will not install

Post by chris.m.cook »

We just received a batch of new clerk computers (the tiny Lenovo M73 type) and one out of the bunch only had Sophos pre-installed. The IEM client was no where to be found (taskbar icon or services pane). I tried downloading the IEM client installer and no matter what I do the program will not install the client.

I don't know if it's supposed to be a silent installer, but all it does is activate the hourglass a few times and then nothing else seems to happen. I've tried multiple times over many days with lots of restarts. Any idea where a log file might be stored? I'm lost with what to try next.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: IEM Client will not install

Post by sbradshaw »

On the instructions for setting up a new clerk computer, it talks about how to see if the IEM client is installed:
Verify the computer management software (IEM) is installed.

To verify that IEM is installed and working properly:

1. Click Start, type 'services' in the Search program and files box.
2. Click Services (with cog wheel icon) in the Programs list above.
3. Scroll down to see if 'IBM Endpoint Manager' appears in the list on the Services menu and is in the Started/Running state.
  • If so, then IEM is installed and no further action is required.
  • If not, or if it is there but not in the Started/Running state, follow the instructions found here to download and install it.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/new-cl ... r?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
chris.m.cook

Post by chris.m.cook »

Correct, I did all of that. Nothing in the services pane like I said. I downloaded the client installer file from the link on that clerk support page (again, like I said previously). Double clicking it only makes the hour glass appear a few times and then nothing else happens.
I've never had this happen before. Not quite sure what's going on.
maw44

Post by maw44 »

I am having a similar issue. I too was sent new computers (the tiny Lenovo type). After downloading MLS Version 3.8.1, the computer does not recognize the file type and prompts me to choose a program to open the file. None of the suggested programs are appropriate (e.g. internet explorer, adobe reader, notepad, windows media player). How do I get the computer to recognize and open the installer?
chris.m.cook

Post by chris.m.cook »

Is this a problem with the MLS installer or with the IEM client? Sounds like the program might have been corrupted during download. Might want to try downloading it again.
Hagothsen

Post by Hagothsen »

maw44 wrote:I am having a similar issue. I too was sent new computers (the tiny Lenovo type). After downloading MLS Version 3.8.1, the computer does not recognize the file type and prompts me to choose a program to open the file. None of the suggested programs are appropriate (e.g. internet explorer, adobe reader, notepad, windows media player). How do I get the computer to recognize and open the installer?
You've probably figure it out by now but JIC.... when you click on the link choose "Save As" rather than simple "Save". Add ".exe" to filename to be downloaded, and then you can run it.

Return to “Clerk Computers”