LDS Tools won't download content normally

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
laureljensen@gmail.com

LDS Tools won't download content normally

Post by laureljensen@gmail.com »

I cannot load LDS tools on any of my ios devices. I have deleted the app and tried reinstalling. I simply get a message that downloading is occurring, but no downloads happen. AT first when this error occurred, all i could see was a heading for calendar... Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools won't download content normally

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to log into lds.org, go to the calendar and see if you can pull that up. If you can't pull up the calendar on lds.org, then there's a problem that needs to be fixed before you can download content to LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaweir

Post by jaweir »

I have the same issue. Everything was working fine until I updated the program. It now gives me an error downloading message. I have tried updating my password, deleted the app and reinstalled (twice). Tried a hard reboot of my devices, both iPhone and iPad.
veehb

Post by veehb »

My LDS Tools is broken. We installed a new bishopric last Sunday. I cannot sync my LDS Tools. Every time I try I get an error that some of the units (I assume in my stake) have not updated their lists. Then I get a message "Error Downloading -- Some information could not be downloaded, please try again later". I have been trying to do this for the past 18 hours, same message. I had data in my LDS Tools but it was old and didn't show the new bishopric. Someone suggested deleting the app and then rebooting my iPhone 6S (after waiting a minute). I did this and now all my data is gone and it still will not sync. Someone also suggested going into Settings and turning off blocking cookies in Safari. The instructions do not match the latest IOS settings. I did unblock all cookies. Still same problem.
My wife's LDS Tools synced correctly and she can see the new Bishopric. I am a stake executive secretary and have access to info that she does not. Is this why my iPhone won't sync??

The data on this website for PC Tools is way out of date. It shows problems is versions that are very old. I suggest that someone update the PC Tools files here. Looks like I am without LDS Tools for the week-end. I have the same problem with my iPad. I am not going to delete the app on the iPad because old data is better than no data.

Hope someone sees these posts from the past few days (since the last update on November 10th) and fixes the sync problem. Until then I am out of commission with LDS Tools.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

I had trouble syncing the first time too. I tried re-downloading then syncing again and it stalled. I closed the app then tried to open it again to re-try syncing, lol and behold, it actually did complete the sync. It sync window didn't go away when it should have.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
veehb

Post by veehb »

I tried again this morning and was able to sync both my iPhone 6S and my iPad 3. I suspect that something was changed on the church's server. I had already deleted the LDS Tools app on both devices and reinstalled it on both. About 6:30 am both devices were able to sync and have the updated information. So, whoever did something on the church's end of this, thank you!
davislds

Post by davislds »

I am experiencing a similar issue. I get error while downloading and an error that the action interview list for some of my units is missing. I hav been trying since November 15. I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times. All to no avail, anyone have a suggestion?
veehb

Post by veehb »

Do you have an iPhone? I saw the same errors. Mine finally worked on Nov 15th. I had also deleted and reinstalled the app several times. Maybe there is some type of intermittent bug at LDS.org. I can't tell what made mine work. I assumed that during the night someone at the Church fixed something. Maybe they will see these messages and look into it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

veehb wrote:... Maybe there is some type of intermittent bug at LDS.org. I can't tell what made mine work. I assumed that during the night someone at the Church fixed something. Maybe they will see these messages and look into it.
This is highly unlikely to happen. The official feedback for issues with church websites is through the feedback link found on those site pages. If the issue is a function of the application on the mobile device then a volunteer developer may see the report in the forum. But the best method is to report it through Help > Feedback in the app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”