Cisco AnyConnect VPN now installed?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
nathangg

Cisco AnyConnect VPN now installed?

Post by nathangg »

Hi,

I noticed a new icon today in the task tray/notification area:

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

When I click on it there is a drop down and an option to connect to LDS Remote Access.

When I click the connect button, there is a username (pre-filled out) and a password box (not filled out).

This seems legit, (there is an ait web page regarding the VPN client here: https://ait.ldschurch.org/website/#20364.htm ). But I'm not sure why it is on our clerk computer. Any ideas? Is this part of the standard install now?

Thanks~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cisco AnyConnect VPN now installed?

Post by russellhltn »

Just a wild guess, maybe someone had a support issue and it was installed to allow SLC to access it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

I cannot answer as to why its there but I can tell you its for church employees and members that are part of the church workforce, Its used as a VPN gateway.

If I had to guess, I would say a mechanic either forgot his laptop or it was not working for him so he borrowed the clerk PC to get his work done.

I would just remove it as you know its not needed.
Roland
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

nathangg wrote:...there is a username (pre-filled out)...
Now you know who used it last and left it there. ;)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”