Printing attendance rolls / 2015 updated LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
1968leocomeeatabite

Printing attendance rolls / 2015 updated LCR

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

I began a new topic, the previous ones were confusing or out of date, Hope I am OK?
Secretaries & Presidencies now have the ability to print attendance records. I am a newly called Sunday School Secretary. Our president has requested that we start taking roll in all classes of S.S. I choose to put the roll inside a three hole folder for each class. When done this way, with three hole punch the names are not visible they are covered up when installed into the folder. Is there a way to offset the page or manage the margins so that this does not happen? Is there a work around? Help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Printing attendance rolls / 2015 updated LCR

Post by jdlessley »

There is no direct way to change the margins of the forms printed out from LCR. For you situation I see two options.

The first is to place the attendance rolls in a 3/4-sleeve sheet protector. This may not be ideal because the sheet needs to be pulled out of the sleeve to mark up the attendance. But it is the easiest to do.

The second is to use MS Word or LibreOffice Writer to edit the margins for the document after it has been saved as a PDF document. I just did a test with both programs and found MS Word (I am using Word 2013) was the better of the two for editing a PDF document. It could be done in LibreOffice Writer but required more manipulation.

Editing using either Word or Writer was in my opinion more bother for all that extra work than just using a 3/4-sleeve sheet protector.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try using scissors to cut a rectangle out of the front of a sheet protector, leaving margins on all the sides, but allowing the roll to be marked up without removing it from the sheet protector. This is kind of a tacky college-student-type solution, but I think it would work pretty well! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Many print drivers support adding a space for a binding or let you manually set a margin. But it will vary for each printer and possibly driver. I just looked at our Xerox and it had the ability but it was buried pretty deep in the print dialog.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

We use a cheep clipboard. Does the same trick as the folder.
FongRM

Post by FongRM »

Has anyone had a request to print the names, on the roll, in a larger font size?
paullawrencestephens

Post by paullawrencestephens »

When the print dialogue box comes up, go into properties and tell it to print 8x10 instead of 81/2 x 11. You'll get margins that are big enough to punch holes without punching out names.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

eblood66 wrote:Many print drivers support adding a space for a binding or let you manually set a margin. But it will vary for each printer and possibly driver. I just looked at our Xerox and it had the ability but it was buried pretty deep in the print dialog.
I found this and it worked will. Yet I am still a little confused (which i assume means I am not knowledgeable), The dialog for the printer work much better for Firefox. Although no matter what I did it would populate all organizations for each category. In other words I select one class and all classes were populated.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”