LDS Tools feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
kfbest

LDS Tools feedback

Post by kfbest »

Thank you very much for releasing this app. It's helped a lot in my callings.

Couple thoughts / suggestions though:

1 - It'd be nice to default or have the option to BCC everyone in my custom lists instead of only allowing TO. I know that may be impossible with iOS, but if it could be done, it'd be nice.
2 - Would it be possible have the custom lists sort by last name instead of by when the person was added?
3 - I know this has nothing to do with the app, but is there a way to get MLS and the website to actually update each other? There is a lot of disparate information for many members of our ward.

Thanks for all your help and this app.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is another thread, LDS Tools....New App, that has information that you may be of interest to you.

The feedback email address can be found on the about screen, on the setup tab of the application.
kfbest wrote:3 - I know this has nothing to do with the app, but is there a way to get MLS and the website to actually update each other? There is a lot of disparate information for many members of our ward.
LDS Tools uses the same information found on the new.lds.org/directory and the new.lds.org/church-calendar. The information in the new directory is updated from MLS. The capabilities for data update from the website, with flowback to MLS, is there albeit limited as related to MLS's functionality. More about this is available in several threads (Try this one and this one for starters. There are many more.) as well as the Wiki, LDS Tools application. If you are comparing the information on the classic LUWS with what you find in the application there will be differences. The data in MLS, the new directory, and the application should be the same.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tannerr

Re: LDS Tools feedback

Post by tannerr »

Not sure if this forum is still active, but I want to give some feedback on LDS Tools and I cannot find another place to provide it. It seems that Out of Unit callings are reflected on the person's page in LDS Tools but they are not included in the Members with Callings list. This has caused some issues as others review the lists and don't see these. Is this expected? Can they be included in the lists?

Thanks,
Ron
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tannerr wrote:Not sure if this forum is still active, but I want to give some feedback on LDS Tools and I cannot find another place to provide it. It seems that Out of Unit callings are reflected on the person's page in LDS Tools but they are not included in the Members with Callings list. This has caused some issues as others review the lists and don't see these. Is this expected? Can they be included in the lists?
This discussion is very out of date. And in any case, no decision maker is likely to see your post here.

If you want to give feedback on LDS Tools, use the Feedback link in the app itself (found on the Help menu).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tannerr wrote:I want to give some feedback on LDS Tools and I cannot find another place to provide it. It seems that Out of Unit callings are reflected on the person's page in LDS Tools but they are not included in the Members with Callings list. This has caused some issues as others review the lists and don't see these. Is this expected? Can they be included in the lists?
Some things pertaining to out-of-unit members are handled differently by iOS and Android, although I do not know if the Members with Callings list is one of them. And both still struggle with the handling out-of-unit members in general.

As for providing feedback, the best way to do that is within the LDS Tools app, usually by sending an email to the address listed in the Help menu.

Return to “Member Tools”