"All Children of"

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ldnorman

"All Children of"

Post by ldnorman »

The membership record of a sister in our ward is not showing one of her four adult children listed. What is the best way to get this corrected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "All Children of"

Post by russellhltn »

Is the child a member? Could the child have been adopted by another mother? (church membership records only show one set of parents - they don't support biological and adopted.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ldnorman

Post by ldnorman »

Yes, child is a member. Not adopted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems odd. While it's possible the child was never linked, I think it might be more likely the mother has duplicate record running around.

For things like this, I think it's best to call Local Unit Support. While you might be able to take care if it via Special Request in MLS, I think it's better handled interactively.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ldnorman

Post by ldnorman »

Thanks for your advice. I'll call local unit support.

Return to “Membership Help”