Other:Missionary Mobile Device

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rolsenlds

Other:Missionary Mobile Device

Post by rolsenlds »

Trying to credit a payment for Missionary Mobile Device for a specific missionary, but his name is grayed out in the MLS under the categories menu. I have two that are that way. I can't add his name/account, probably because it already exists. Not sure what to do...HELP!?
rolsenlds

Re: Other:Missionary Mobile Device

Post by rolsenlds »

Oh, and it won't let me click the active box.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

These particular accounts are added and removed by Church headquarters. Local Unit Support should be able to help you resolve the issue.
bayless

Post by bayless »

A missionary recently returned with his (fully paid) MMD and it won't work. His mission office told him he has to pay an activation fee of $81 to the local ward. There is no account set up for this payment. What does a Ward Finance Clerk need to do?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bayless wrote:A missionary recently returned with his (fully paid) MMD and it won't work. His mission office told him he has to pay an activation fee of $81 to the local ward. There is no account set up for this payment. What does a Ward Finance Clerk need to do?
I would call the Global Service Center and ask is this is correct. There is a process a missionary follows when he returns from his mission to remove the Church restrictions and fully activate his mobile device. I have not heard that an activation fee was involved.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

I have a son who recently returned from his mission with an iPad. The first time he logged into a wifi connection, everything, including his remarks he had prepared for his talk in sacrament meeting, was wiped. The device is now his for use as normal. No activation fee required.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”