Setting up child account Email address is "Not Valid"

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
azwelkers

Setting up child account Email address is "Not Valid"

Post by azwelkers »

We have been trying to setup my sons lds.org account so he can use the online Duty to God program.

However while trying to setup his account we recieve:

Email Address
Email address is not valid.
*******@thewelkers.com

Membership Email
Email address is not valid.
*******@thewelkers.com

Where ****** is my sons name. Does the church not recognize personal domain names?

Thanks,

Nate
kellymab

Re: Setting up child account Email address is "Not Valid"

Post by kellymab »

I have a similar family domain email address and the church websites accept it. How do you have your domain set up? Is it a purchased domain like from GoDaddy? Or is it an alias email address? I don't think alias email addresses will work.
azwelkers

Post by azwelkers »

Its not an alias.
1&1 is the registrar.

At a loss. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

azwelkers wrote:Its not an alias.
1&1 is the registrar.

At a loss. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Do you have any punctuation in the account name part (to the left of the @ sign)? Some email validators won't accept anything other than a period.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Hmm. How long have you owned the domain? When was this child's email account set up? Sometimes if they are fairly recent validators reject it as a possible spam account since those frequently use brand new accounts. My sister had that issue for a while until she used the email more frequently. Our family domain has been around for 15+ years so most sites accept it.
azwelkers

Post by azwelkers »

kellymab wrote:Hmm. How long have you owned the domain? When was this child's email account set up? Sometimes if they are fairly recent validators reject it as a possible spam account since those frequently use brand new accounts. My sister had that issue for a while until she used the email more frequently. Our family domain has been around for 15+ years so most sites accept it.
No punctuation to the left of the @
Had the domain for 16 years.
Its actually a google hosted domain i.e. its just a gmail address using our domain name.

He doesn't use email a ton. I tried my email address(not used to register on lds.org) which is heavily used and it gave the same error.

Again thanks for the ideas.

NAte
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

For registration purposes, if the family domain address won't be recognized, try using another e-mail address (for the sake of receiving the verification code to complete the registration). Once done, you, or he, can log in at ldsaccount.lds.org and update the e-mail address under the 'contact settings' section of the site. At this time, the account can be updated and saved once the new code is verified (but, the account will already have been set up). If that doesn't work, you may need to contact support for help in finishing the registration of his account.
azwelkers

Post by azwelkers »

LDSAccountTech wrote:For registration purposes, if the family domain address won't be recognized, try using another e-mail address (for the sake of receiving the verification code to complete the registration). Once done, you, or he, can log in at ldsaccount.lds.org and update the e-mail address under the 'contact settings' section of the site. At this time, the account can be updated and saved once the new code is verified (but, the account will already have been set up). If that doesn't work, you may need to contact support for help in finishing the registration of his account.

So we used another address and completed the process.

However we still run into the same problem when we try to update his email address.

How do I contact support to see if they can manually enter the email address?

Also could I potentially have the ward clerk enter it???

Thanks,

Nate
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

The ward clerk won't have the ability to enter the e-mail address on the LDS Account site. The only e-mail he can alter is the one associated with the membership record. The Global Service Center can change the e-mail address on the account, if needed. You can contact support using the help links at ldsaccount.lds.org. Once contacted, they can update the e-mail on the LDS Account.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I bet it's just a bug in however the site is validating email addresses.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”