Update Current Spouse Information (Civil Marriage Correction)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
t_rich

Update Current Spouse Information (Civil Marriage Correction)

Post by t_rich »

I inputed and saved an erroneous date for a recent civil marriage. I went into MLS to make a correction by editing the current spouse information, and it won't allow me to do so. All of the marriage information is grayed out and won't allow further input. Do I have to terminate the marriage in order to accurately enter the original civil marriage information?

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Update Current Spouse Information (Civil Marriage Correction)

Post by eblood66 »

That's strange. In the test install if I try to edit the current spouse it has the person information greyed out but the date and place are editable. I'm not sure why all of the fields would be greyed. Have you looked at any other records to see if they are the same?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd make sure that you're accessing the information from the right "direction". Make sure you're logged into MLS as someone with membership rights. If you go into the member's record, and select spouse, I'd think you'd be able to edit that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

t_rich wrote:I inputed and saved an erroneous date for a recent civil marriage. I went into MLS to make a correction by editing the current spouse information, and it won't allow me to do so. All of the marriage information is grayed out and won't allow further input.
How recently? I think the marriage has to process through the system to headquarters and then back to MLS, and then you should be able to edit it. That might take a few days.

Otherwise, your best option is to sent a message through MLS messaging to ask the Church to correct the date for you.

Return to “Membership Help”