Daylight savings issues - times being shifted

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dcefros

Daylight savings issues - times being shifted

Post by dcefros »

On our 2015 stake calendar, which we had printed and distributed, we had several repeating events that crossed the Nov 1 date. We discovered that sometime after the printing crossing the repating events crossing Nov 1 2015 are off by one hour (the calendar shows them one hour later than what they were scheduled for) for the balance of the year. Whatever is causing this problem is a change in the system after December of 2014 when we entered them and printed our annual calendars. I am going to manually change these events for the 2015 year end so they are correct again, which works for the rest of this year.

However, in mid-October I set some 2016 events that repeat monthly for the whole 2016 year and as they crossed the magic start of daylight savings (March 13, 2016) the start times were shifted one hour as shown on the attached document. We are on Pacific time and the times should remain the same throughout the year, which they did in past years. This can be worked around for next year, but only by not using repeating events all year, which is very ugly to manage. There is an attachment showing a screen with this behavior.

Is anyone else seeing this strange behavior? I posted this on an old DST thread and nobody commented so I am posting this again starting a new thread.
Attachments
Calendar Goofs_2.doc
(162 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Daylight savings issues - times being shifted

Post by russellhltn »

dcefros wrote:However, in mid-October I set some 2016 events ...
The calendar system has had a long standing problem with DST. However a new version was released on Oct 23. So you might want to schedule things from scratch to see if it's working properly now. Perhaps what you are seeing is "reverberations" from past problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lunarmotion

Re: Daylight savings issues - times being shifted

Post by lunarmotion »

I see this on our calendar for events entered in January 2016, well after the October 23, 2015 release. The problem still exists.

Return to “Calendar”