Need to see 2 prior units

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
me1981

Need to see 2 prior units

Post by me1981 »

We have some apartments in our ward that we share with the stake. When records are moved in they are usually sent to the wrong ward and we have to move them or receive them from the other ward. This makes so we cannot see the original unit they were sent from. :(

So I have 2 suggestions:
1. allow us to see 2 prior units?????
2. Enhance the move to allow a silent move of such that can be used to keep the orignal prior unit and not show us as the prior unit.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Need to see 2 prior units

Post by jdlessley »

me1981 wrote:So I have 2 suggestions
The Forum is primarily user-to-user support. We can but discuss your suggestions, help with user errors, or offer work-arounds. To get your suggestions to those who can do something about it I recommend submitting them through the Feedback link found at the bottom of the LCR page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This happens in my stake as well. I like your suggestions.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'm not certain if the church tracks back 2 prior units. If the data isn't available, that's going to be a lot of work to implement.

A while back I had some comments on a thread and we were discussing data representation. I believe it was aebrown who works for the church (although I believe in Family Search) and mentioned some things about this aspect of the data that led me to believe they may not keep a detailed move history. I could be totally wrong; that was just my impression.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mevans wrote:I'm not certain if the church tracks back 2 prior units. If the data isn't available, that's going to be a lot of work to implement.

A while back I had some comments on a thread and we were discussing data representation. I believe it was aebrown who works for the church (although I believe in Family Search) and mentioned some things about this aspect of the data that led me to believe they may not keep a detailed move history. I could be totally wrong; that was just my impression.
We do have a detailed move history. Maybe they could show the 2nd unit if the move time was within the last year (since that is when you need to contact the prior unit), or if the move was within a certain time before.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jonesrk wrote: We do have a detailed move history. Maybe they could show the 2nd unit if the move time was within the last year (since that is when you need to contact the prior unit), or if the move was within a certain time before.
That sounds like a very good suggestion, although you might need to show more than two; some people are very transient. One group I think of is YSA: they might be in and out of a few wards during the year. For example, someone might be in a home ward, then a school ward, then go somewhere for a few months for an internship, and then back to school, etc.
glennta

Post by glennta »

If I were designing membership records, I would use an Oracle database (personal preferences). The database schema is designed with all possible data fields that could be expanded as the Church evolves. If and entry is update for a specific user, say the prior unit, it would be trivial to perform an SQL query and return all results, in the last 365 days. The database is only the tip of the iceberg.

The question comes down to ... how to get this feature request in to the enhancement list queue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

glennta wrote:The question comes down to ... how to get this feature request in to the enhancement list queue.
Use the feedback link in the LCR app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

At the LDSTech Conference a couple of weeks ago one of the Leader and Clerk Resources developers mentioned they are already exploring other database options. I believe they already have one in mind (I don't remember which).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

According to jonesrk above, the data is there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”