Cannot access NEWSLETTER

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
jpitkin

Cannot access NEWSLETTER

Post by jpitkin »

When I log in and click on "newsletter", I get an error message. But when my wife logs in, she can get to the newsletter just fine. I am a new branch president at an assisted living center, so my records are in my home ward, but I have an out-of-unit assignment at the branch. Could this be part of the problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot access NEWSLETTER

Post by russellhltn »

Quite likely. Since you belong to two wards, the system may be having a problem figuring what to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot access NEWSLETTER

Post by jdlessley »

The Newsletter only supports one unit for members serving in out of unit leadership positions. The Newsletter development has not caught up to provide multiple unit selection for out of unit members such as tools like Calendar and Directory that allow you to select your home unit or your service unit. An out of unit leader will only have access to the Newsletter for the unit in which they are serving.
jpitkin wrote:I am a new branch president at an assisted living center, so my records are in my home ward, but I have an out-of-unit assignment at the branch.
I am guessing this is a calling rather than an assignment - correct?. If so, make sure an out of unit record was completed for the assisted living center branch and the standard calling of branch president was recorded. Check the Directory for the assisted living center unit to see if you are listed as the branch president. It can take up to a couple of days for the permissions to get through the system.
jpitkin wrote:... when my wife logs in, she can get to the newsletter just fine.
I am guessing she does not have an out of unit calling in the assisted living center branch and that she is seeing the Newsletter for your home ward - correct?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”